Maestro2be

Interview in Juarez near - few questions

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My fiance has her interview soon and I have a few questions please if you could help.

1. Will her interview be in English or Spanish? Her native tongue is Spanish.

2. Assuming she gets approved, her interview is on Wednesday in Juarez. If her DHL location is in LEON, GUANAJUATO do you believe it would arrive before friday of the following week (that is 7 business days). Leon is in the center of the country.

3. Once she receives her Visa in the DHL center, does she have to return to Juarez for a stamp or anything, or her packet is ready to cross the border the moment it arrives from DHL.

Thanks for any information you might be able to provide!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is based on my experience.

1. Her interview will be in Spanish. My wife (then fiancee) was in Spanish. But when he wanted to speak with me because there were some doubts about our relationship, he spoke English. He mentioned that he was from NY also. I think he might have been testing me.

2. Once approved and processed, it will go out immediately. I am assuming that DHL is a super fast courier like FedEx. We waited for her visa in Juarez. Our interview was on Tuesday morning. By Thursday (lunchtime) I checked the website and it was at the DHL office. I think most likely your fiancee will get it by then. But don't buy any plane ticket before getting the visa in hand.

3. Once she gets the visa, she can cross the border. She does not have to go back to Juarez. At the Port of Entry (POE)(airport or border), USCIS will process her visa. My fiancee's packet had the land crossing written on it. It stated which bridge to take to cross into El Paso if we walked across. It costed $6 (September 2011) at the El Paso border to process the visa. Mexico charged for leaving the country. I can't remember exactly. But I think it was 6 Pesos for each person.

I hopes this helps you. Congratulations and good luck. :thumbs:

This is based on my experience.

1. Her interview will be in Spanish. My wife (then fiancee) was in Spanish. But when he wanted to speak with me because there were some doubts about our relationship, he spoke English. He mentioned that he was from NY also. I think he might have been testing me.

2. Once approved and processed, it will go out immediately. I am assuming that DHL is a super fast courier like FedEx. We waited for her visa in Juarez. Our interview was on Tuesday morning. By Thursday (lunchtime) I checked the website and it was at the DHL office. I think most likely your fiancee will get it by then. But don't buy any plane ticket before getting the visa in hand.

3. Once she gets the visa, she can cross the border. She does not have to go back to Juarez. At the Port of Entry (POE)(airport or border), USCIS will process her visa. My fiancee's packet had the land crossing written on it. It stated which bridge to take to cross into El Paso if we walked across. It costed $6 (September 2011) at the El Paso border to process the visa. Mexico charged for leaving the country. I can't remember exactly. But I think it was 6 Pesos for each person.

I hopes this helps you. Congratulations and good luck. :thumbs:

Thank you for the response :).

From what I am reading, it sounds like you were in her interview. I thought we weren't allowed in together? Or did I misread that first paragraph?

Thanks again for the response!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

1. Will her interview be in English or Spanish? Her native tongue is Spanish.

The language of choice by your fiancee will be used. My fiance speaks Spanish and his interview was given in Spanish by an American lady.

2. Assuming she gets approved, her interview is on Wednesday in Juarez. If her DHL location is in LEON, GUANAJUATO do you believe it would arrive before friday of the following week (that is 7 business days). Leon is in the center of the country.

There are always exceptions, but it should arrive before the date you mention since they use DHL and its pretty fast. However, don't make any final exiting arrangements until she has visa in hand.

3. Once she receives her Visa in the DHL center, does she have to return to Juarez for a stamp or anything, or her packet is ready to cross the border the moment it arrives from DHL.

It won't be necessary to return to Juarez, she can use the visa to leave from anywhere in the country.

Edited by meadowzephyr

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for the response :).

From what I am reading, it sounds like you were in her interview. I thought we weren't allowed in together? Or did I misread that first paragraph?

Thanks again for the response!

Yes, I was at her interview. Only the applicant is allow in the Consulate. I waited outside for her. After about 2 hours or so, she came out with a blue slip of paper with a sad face. It stated that the interviewer wanted to speak with me. I am glad that I was there. The interviewer did not believe our relationship. He based this because he asked if her father approved of our relationship. Her father was against our marriage. It is not traditional. Well, he wanted to interview me also. He also asked, what is my favorite food and other simple relationship question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.