I AM NOT THAT GUY

ICE employees protesting Obama policy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Immigrants don’t have to prove they meet DREAM Act criteria to avoid charges, ICE union chief says

A top union official for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers said Thursday that President Barack Obama’s administration has ordered ICE agents to blindly — and without any evidence — believe illegal immigrants if they claim they qualify for Obama’s administrative DREAM Act.

"As one example, prosecutorial discretion for DREAMers is solely based on the individual’s claims. Our orders are: If an alien says they went to high school, then let them go. If they say they have a GED, then let them go.”

“Officers have been told that there is no burden for the alien to prove anything,” he continued. “Even with the greatly relaxed policies, the alien is not required to prove that they meet any of the new criteria.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/immigrants-dont-have-to-prove-they-meet-dream-act-criteria-to-be-released-ice-union-chief-says/#ixzz21qedpezg

I'm telling ya this guy is out to put the screws to this country as much as possible while he's in office. The longer he stays the more damage he's going to do. It's like he's on a mission to turn this country into Northern Mexico.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Obama ad:

"We're a nation of workers and doers and dreamers...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/obama-campaign-olympics_n_1709247.html

More pandering for the illegal voters?

I'm telling ya this guy is out to put the screws to this country as much as possible while he's in office. The longer he stays the more damage he's going to do. It's like he's on a mission to turn this country into Northern Mexico.

I actually believe in open borders, but who appointed Obama dictator?

Obama ad:

More pandering for the illegal voters?

I actually believe in open borders, but who appointed Obama dictator?

Not only has he opened the flood gates to illegals while making a mockery of people that go the legal route with the US immigration process, he's trying to strong arm the states who are over run with illegals and are trying to enforce the existing federal immigration laws not to mention he's also leaning on those states who passed voter ID laws.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The policy is geared towards young people. For many of them, being brought here illegally occured when they were very young, through no fault of their own. Their ties to communities here are all they know.

To deport them would be like sending them to what is a foreign country to them. It's not the right thing to do and I applaud the effort of this new policy even though I'm sure it's not perfect, may have flaws and need to be adjusted.

The policy is geared towards young people. For many of them, being brought here illegally occured when they were very young, through no fault of their own. Their ties to communities here are all they know.

To deport them would be like sending them to what is a foreign country to them. It's not the right thing to do and I applaud the effort of this new policy even though I'm sure it's not perfect, may have flaws and need to be adjusted.

That is not the issue, according to ICE employees. The issue is that ICE employees are being threatened with separation if they ask for any proof from the illegal immigrants that they do indeed meet the criteria you stated.

Edited by The Patriot

That is not the issue, according to ICE employees. The issue is that ICE employees are being threatened with separation if they ask for any proof from the illegal immigrants that they do indeed meet the criteria you stated.

From the USCIS website, in order to file for the deferred action:

"Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action. Individuals will not be eligible if they are not currently in the United States and cannot prove that they have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding today’s date. The use of prosecutorial discretion confers no substantive right or pathway to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights."

From the USCIS website, in order to file for the deferred action:

"Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action. Individuals will not be eligible if they are not currently in the United States and cannot prove that they have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding today’s date. The use of prosecutorial discretion confers no substantive right or pathway to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights."

Somebody should tell that to the ICE administrator that has threatened to fire the ICE employees for following the law.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Are you serious??

So someone can just walk in the office and claim they qualify for DREAM Act and they are not required to prove anything?

While USC and Resident have to send in pile of paper work and hundreds of dollar to prove their relation with their spouse and everything is legit to enter the country?

Abide by all the laws, remove condition again pay more at that time and someone who sneaked across the border has to prove nothing his words are taken at face value.

How does that make any sense to you?

Edited by Harsh_77

I actually believe in open borders.....

:wacko:

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

And equilibria.

"Meanwhile back in the real world...."

sigbet.jpg