DiVen

PLEASE HELP!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We are only posting about this here after exhausting all the resources.

My fiance's interview date is August 16th as per DOS(20 days from today)

We need to turn in paperwork by August 9th (13 days from today)

DOS confirmed Packet 3 was dispactched June 12th. WE NEVER RECEIVED IT EVEN TO DATE.

We downloaded and submitted Packet 3 on July 12th.

DOS confirmed that Packet 4 was dispatched on July 18th. WE ARE YET TO SEE IT.

We fear that we will never see this by post.

We have emailed VFS 4 times in the last week requesting for soft copy of letter with no response (Subject title was as suggested "REQUEST FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION")

We have called VFS - just rudely being told to email them

Fiance has visited VFS in person - was just rudely told that they don't have time and that she should email them. Upon being asked again for any help, she was told that the US Consulate can help her, she should go there.

US Consulate Mumbai says there is no such thing as "Consular section." They wont let her in without interview letter.

I called US Consulate Mumbai - was spoken to very rudely by an Indian person with a thick Indian accent. When I told him I was the US Citizen petitioner requesting help - he said "It doesn't matter, email VFS and they are the only ones that can help you."

DOS is very nice and confirms appointment, but says they can not provide appointment letter. Says it has to come from consulate. Says their office can not help.

SO FAR - VFS is non-responsive, DOS can't help, Consulate doesn't want to help.

EDIT: Just 5 minutes back, We just got a reply from VFS that says

"As per the U.S. Consulate, the letter which you have received from NVC itself suffice the interview letter,you can submit your documents based on the same letter to the nearest VFS office."

It proceeds to give a list of documents to submit (which we already know), and deadlines for submitting documents to VFS. Please keep in mind, this is a K1 Fiance Visa application and NVC doesn't actually send out a P4 email like other visas.

We didn't get any letter from NVC. What does this mean? Will they do her medical based on this? Will they do let her into the interview with just this?

WHAT DO WE DO??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Edited by DiVen

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

You can take this email and respond back to VFS and tell them what you are telling here?

"Please keep in mind, this is a K1 Fiance Visa application and NVC doesn't actually send out a P4 email like other visas."

Other thing, it may not work like you have mentioned earlier in post.

Or Call NVC or email NVC about it.... They should be able to resolve it...Ask them that consulate and VFS are saying that use the letter from NVC..

"We didn't get any letter from NVC. What does this mean? Will they do her medical based on this? Will they do let her into the interview with just this?"

Edited by Deep2009

Timeline

Deep,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already responded to the VFS email with those exact wordings and requesting an actual appointment letter.

Also, I called the NVC (not the same phone number as DOS) a short time back. They confirmed the same - they said that NVC can not do anything to assist with getting an interview appointment letter as far as K1 Visa Applications go. They said that that has to be handled with the Consulate in Mumbai.

Two things we are stuck with no

1. Can not do a medical without an interview letter.

2. Can not go to interview without interview letter.

Anything else we can try?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We had a hard time too ..

Who is sending the email Petitioner or Beneficiary ? This one thing does matter as per my experience ( When i (US Citizen) sent no response - but when my finace ( now wife ) sent it , she did get a response ..

Below is the format i sent :

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Subject : Request for Specific Information - Case : BMBXXXXXXXX , Request for Interview Appointment Letter

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in regards to my K1 Fiance Visa Case: BMBxxxxxxx

Our interview is scheduled for May Xth, 2012 at x:XX AM. As mentioned below consulate sent the appointment letter on So and so Date.

Till date we have not received it.

Requesting to check , where ( address ) the appointment letter was mailed ?

Since we would be needing the appointment letter for all of below:

1) Getting a Police Clearance Certificate from Regional Passpot Office

2) Require to schedule a Medical Examination ( 15 days prior to the interview date )

3) Required to enter the Consulate for their interview

Requesting to send a duplicate appointment letter through Email.

Email - XXXX@gmail.com

Thank you and early response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I-129F process (K-1 visa):

07-21-2011 Applied

07-26-2011 NOA1 receipt

01-05-2012 NOA2 received, approval I-129F

01-11-2012 NVC Received

01-12-2012 NVC Left

01-24-2012 Consulate Received

02-08-2012 Packet 3 Received

03-26-2012 Packet 3 Sent

03-27-2012 Packet 4 Received

05-07-2012 Interview Date, approved

05-16-2012 Received K-1Visa

05-29-2012 Arrived in U.S.

AOS/EAD/AP (Adjusting from K1 Visa):

05-31-2012: Wedding

06-07-2012: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

06-11-2012: AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-10-2012: Case Transferred to CSC

07-20-2012: Biometrics Appt/Case received by CSC

08-15-2012: EAD/AP Approved

08-23-2012: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

01-07-2013: 1st Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

02-24-2013: 2nd Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

03-22-2013: AOS Approval without Interview

03-27-2013: Greencard Received

Timeline

Our email was essentially identical to that one you have posted above.

Sent by Petitioner and Beneficiary. The only one they have responded to is one of the 3 from the petitioner.

We will re-send again tomorrow from just the beneficiary with the exact format you sent above. Really hoping something happens.

usaind - Did they send you your appointment letter via email after a lot of bugging? How long did it take you?

Timeline

Our email was essentially identical to that one you have posted above.

Sent by Petitioner and Beneficiary. The only one they have responded to is one of the 3 from the petitioner.

We will re-send again tomorrow from just the beneficiary with the exact format you sent above. Really hoping something happens.

usaind - Did they send you your appointment letter via email after a lot of bugging? How long did it take you?

Hi - Yep trust me , I thought waiting for NOA2 was a big deal waited too long (163 Days ) .. But VFS is no Better , Almost mailed them different formats , requesting & Requesting everytime and had to bug for a while before finally they sent out an appointment letter when i mentioned why i need this letter

Hope this helps and u get it sooner

07-21-2011 Applied

07-26-2011 NOA1 receipt

01-11-2012 NVC Received

01-12-2012 NVC Left

03-26-2012 Packet 3 Sent

Timeline

Thank you all very much for your help. We got the interview appointment letter about 1 hour back through VFS from US Consulate!!

18 days for us to carry out Medical and obtain PCC - just waiting on the appointments made to arrive for both .

Roughly three weeks till we are together stateside!

Timeline

awesome , all the best

07-21-2011 Applied

07-26-2011 NOA1 receipt

01-11-2012 NVC Received

01-12-2012 NVC Left

03-26-2012 Packet 3 Sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.