DiVen

Couple quick questions - PCC/ Medical/ Interview/ Passport

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

After a long wait (almost 7 months), my fiance and I have finally been granted an interview date of AUGUST 16th for our K1 Visa application. We have not received Packet 4 yet. We found out by contacting the DOS this morning.

US Consulate in Mumbai misplaced our packet 3 as well. We are afraid that they may have misplaced Packet 4 as well. DOS confirmed that they have already shipped Packet 4 on July 18th, but we are yet to receive it. DOS is unable to email or send a copy of the appointment letter via email.

Please help us with the following questions as much as you can. Thanks!

Q1. Can my fiance go to VFS Mumbai directly and get a copy of the Appointment Letter in person so she may proceed with the medical examination?

Q2. When we tried to get a PCC last month, they told us to wait till we got the appointment letter. However, after finding out recenty that this letter is not needed for PCC, we went to PSK in Andheri, Mumbai and got a PSK Appointment for August 2nd. We are told it can take upto 1 month for PCC after that. However, we see online that some people get PSK on same day. What is the final verdict? Is there any way to expedite the process if we show them that our interview is within 2 weeks?

Q3. Her interview is scheduled for Thursday, August 16th. Is there an option where she can pick up the passport at the consulate herself after the interview? We are afraid that they might misplace that too like they did with our Packet 3 and maybe Packet 4 too.

Q4. From your experience, how long is the wait between interview date and getting the passport back? We are aware that we should not book tickets till the passport is back in hand, but we are looking at potential travel dates so we can make reservations of our wedding location etc. here in Austin, TX.

Thanks in advance! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Looks like we are on the final leg of our long and arduous journey!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Email the VFS and tell them u have not recieved the appointment letter and that is needed for the medical/PCC .. they will send u a soft copy of it.

If your passport address is still the same u can get the PCC done same day

Passport is available next day at the VFS location.

Packet 3 and Packet 4 ( though they mention dates when they are sent ) are never received. I would suggest follow up with DOS at every Step.

Once DOS confirms the Visa is printed , we got it in 2 days but VFS generally say's about a week

I-129F process (K-1 visa):

07-21-2011 Applied

07-26-2011 NOA1 receipt

01-05-2012 NOA2 received, approval I-129F

01-11-2012 NVC Received

01-12-2012 NVC Left

01-24-2012 Consulate Received

02-08-2012 Packet 3 Received

03-26-2012 Packet 3 Sent

03-27-2012 Packet 4 Received

05-07-2012 Interview Date, approved

05-16-2012 Received K-1Visa

05-29-2012 Arrived in U.S.

AOS/EAD/AP (Adjusting from K1 Visa):

05-31-2012: Wedding

06-07-2012: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

06-11-2012: AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-10-2012: Case Transferred to CSC

07-20-2012: Biometrics Appt/Case received by CSC

08-15-2012: EAD/AP Approved

08-23-2012: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

01-07-2013: 1st Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

02-24-2013: 2nd Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

03-22-2013: AOS Approval without Interview

03-27-2013: Greencard Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Fiance went to VFS to request letter. They weren't able to provide the appoinment letter.

We sent them an email. I got a reply just now that they have forwarded the request to the consulate. No response yet, no letter. We got the same response to an earlier email to them last month when we asked for Packet 3, but never heard back from them after that.

DOS says they are unable to email the Appointment letter. They say it has been mailed to my fiance on July 18th. The post office has no record of this.

We are worried we will not get the packet 4 in time to do the medical. PLEASE HELP! We're stuck and feel helpless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.