waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I don't think you need immunization records for a Fiance visa

That is true he doesn't need it for K-1 but he might get the shots in Mexico because he has insurance there.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

I don't think you need immunization records for a Fiance visa

That is true he doesn't need it for K-1 but he might get the shots in Mexico because he has insurance there.

Oh yeah, have him get everything he needs there.

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Filed: Timeline

OK, so now I'm super excited while trying not to be excited. I called the NVC (202-663-1225) and the lady (who was very friendly) said our packet 3 had been sent out by regular mail within the last day or two!!!

I told her the Juarez embassy just last night told me to call back in 3 weeks. Her reply was "that's why you call us and not them".

I SURE HOPE SHE'S RIGHT!!!!! AND I HOPE THE MAIL SERVICE DOESN'T SCREW ANYTHING UP!!!!!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-20

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

OK, so now I'm super excited while trying not to be excited. I called the NVC (202-663-1225) and the lady (who was very friendly) said our packet 3 had been sent out by regular mail within the last day or two!!!

I told her the Juarez embassy just last night told me to call back in 3 weeks. Her reply was "that's why you call us and not them".

I SURE HOPE SHE'S RIGHT!!!!! AND I HOPE THE MAIL SERVICE DOESN'T SCREW ANYTHING UP!!!!!

GOOD GOSH! you don't know how bad I wish I could pich up the phone and call you right now and SCREAM HOOOOOORAYYYYYYYYYYYY

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
I called Juarez and the NVC each once a week. This week they both told me that the letter has been sent out and we are free to travel to Juarez to an open interview. So we are trying to go in the next few weeks (October 15-16). I have a few questions that perhaps someone can help with. I (the USC) plan to get to Juarez on a Wednesday night and Roberto will too. Do you think that gives us enough time to do both medical and the interview before we run out of weekdays? Or should he plan to do medical on a Wednesday? If we are approved then is the DHL office open on Saturday or Sunday or might he have to wait until Monday to pick up his visa if he interviews on Friday? Also, does anyone have a checklist of things to do and documents to have for Juarez. I want to make sure we aren't forgetting things. I have seen checklists for lots of other processes but not for the Juarez embassy interview and medical.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Hi Gerry,

Congradulations!

My fiancee..now wife... and I... Just got back from Juearez. Unless things have changed you must have the letter in hand to present to the Medical Building and the Embassy. That is the FIRST thing they ask for! I think they allow you to print it at from the web sight if you dont have it... forgive me but I am not sure what site you may print it from. But dont take my word on this. Look on the forumn and someone has posted where it can be printed from.

As far as the medical goes... if there will be children going through the medical then you are going at the right time (middle of the week) because the TB test takes several days to "react". We stayed in Juarez for 12 days because of the TB test and our wonderful USA Washington DC computers were down. If your have children that are going through the medical be prepaird for several days. If memory serves me correctly the TB test takes 3 days for the "reaction". If it is possitive then that is another trip back to the medical for xrays, if not then you may get the results that same day. If it is just yout fiancee then he may get his results the same day. My wife got hers the same day but not Michelle.

Go to the guide here on Visa Journey and review the list of things you need. One thing you need to do is bring extra money. We had to pay somewhere around $300.00 for another fee we were not expecting. I have forgotten what it was for. I am in my office and I dont have my paperwork with me to tell you exacly what it was. We had to pay $300. because of two fees. One for my wife one for Michelle.

I learned this about the process in Juarez...... be prepaied to wait! Then again some people are in and out in a flash. I knew of people who were there over 14 days and I knew people who were there for 2 days. It just depends on your situation.

I am not possitive about DHL being open on Sat and Sun. I think it is open on Sat but dont take my word for it.

If you are taking your car and driving in Mexico GET THE MEXICAN INSURANCE! THIS IS A MUST! If you are flying in and taking a cab then no worries. We stayed at the LaQuinta which is VERY nice and VERY HELPFUL and it's in walking distance for everything you need. PLUS much cheaper than H. INN. If you stay at LaQuinta be SURE SURE you book the one located at the NEW EMBASSY. I stress this because there is one located at the old embassy also. The have a shuttle bus that will take you to the medical building and the embassy almost any time you want. They will take you almost anywhere within reason even to the airport and shopping. They will NOT pick you up at the airport when you arrive.. it takes business away from the Taxi services but they will take you there for your departure flight.

Forgive me for not remembering everything. I am NOT the brains of the family! LOL My wife is!

On the things I said "dont take my word for it" be sure to verify these things. I would hate to missinform you and cause a hardship.

Hope this helps

I Am Mello

Thank you Mello, very much! We are not taking children. I am flying into El Paso and getting from there to Juarez (somehow). We are staying at the Holiday Inn. We do not have the letter yet but it was mailed on the 18th so hopefully we will get it before we leave for Juarez. If not then he will go to the information counter and get it printed out. Roberto is flying into Juarez. I will meet him there. I am trying to calculate

the days he will need to be in Juarez because I would like to be with him on his interview day even if I have to wait in the hotel. Since we are not taking children to the interview I think he can arrive in Juarez, go to the embassy and pick up the letter, go make payments in Banamex, and go to the medical clinic all in one day. Then the following day he can go to the interview. The day or so after that we will go to DHL to (hopefully) pick up the visa. So that means it would be possible to go to medical on Thursday and the interview on Friday. It may or may not work out that way but that is what we are going to try. This whole process has taught me to be patient and not trust that anything will happen when you believe it might.

So, taking what Mello says and the other things I have read then if I make a checklist for Roberto it will look like this...

Plane reservations to Juarez________

Hotel Reservations in Juarez________

Money for taxi/shuttles ____________

Money for visa, medical and DHL fees (4500 pesos)__________

Letter for open appointment__________

Copy of all supporting documents for 129f__________

Copy of vaccine record___________

K Visa/Fiance(e) Packet, CDJ 446.__________

Application Form, DS-156__________

K Visa Supplemental Application Form (K-1 only), DS-156K__________

Statement of Intent to Marry (K-1 only), __________

Proof of Relationship Form, CDJ 430 __________

Public Charge Information, form OF-167 __________

Does that look about right?

Gerry, dont know when you arrive in El Paso but it would be a good idea to get there kind of early in the day that way you will not be traveling at night. An American cab will take you across the border to the Holiday Inn but at a higher price than getting a Mexican cab to meet you at the border. If you look here there are a few posts that give reputable cabs in Mexico that will do this and they give the phone #s. Do not take offence at this...but if I were a lady I would NOT travel at night alone not knowing the reputation of the cab service! Another replyer to your post said Holiday Inn would meet you at the airport and transport you across the border??????....maybe and maybe not...I really dont know.

Do you know Spanish and are you familiar with Jarez?

You are staying at the Holiday Inn which is about a 4 minute walk to the medical building and a 4 minute 26-1/2 second walk to the embassy LOL... they are right next door. So no need for a cab to those places. Banamex is across the street in the mall which is also a VERY short walk also.

When and where is he going to cross into the USA? You will receive instuctions about how to do this and where to go DEPENDING on when and where he enters the USA. This is sort of important.

Again my wife is the brains of the family and she remembers things MUCH BETTER than I do! I plan out all the details and she does all the remembering LOL

If you wish I will give you my email and or phone# and help you anyway I can. For me it's much easier to talk than type. I remember how worried and stressed I was about all the "unknown" things of Juarez. Correct knowledge empowers us to conquor some of those doubts and fears. I will be glad to help. There are issues that we learned AFTER we were in Juarez a day or two that we had no idea were going to affect things.

Some of the other replys to your original post did give some good info about some of the things I forgot.

I Am Mello

Timeline

Yeah!!!!!! Congratulations! That is great news.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Great NEWS!!! So how long did it take from the time Juarez received your packet to get the green light?

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I called Juarez and the NVC each once a week. This week they both told me that the letter has been sent out and we are free to travel to Juarez to an open interview. So we are trying to go in the next few weeks (October 15-16). I have a few questions that perhaps someone can help with. I (the USC) plan to get to Juarez on a Wednesday night and Roberto will too. Do you think that gives us enough time to do both medical and the interview before we run out of weekdays? Or should he plan to do medical on a Wednesday? If we are approved then is the DHL office open on Saturday or Sunday or might he have to wait until Monday to pick up his visa if he interviews on Friday? Also, does anyone have a checklist of things to do and documents to have for Juarez. I want to make sure we aren't forgetting things. I have seen checklists for lots of other processes but not for the Juarez embassy interview and medical.

Hi Gerry,

Congradulations!

My fiancee..now wife... and I... Just got back from Juearez. Unless things have changed you must have the letter in hand to present to the Medical Building and the Embassy. That is the FIRST thing they ask for! I think they allow you to print it at from the web sight if you dont have it... forgive me but I am not sure what site you may print it from. But dont take my word on this. Look on the forumn and someone has posted where it can be printed from.

As far as the medical goes... if there will be children going through the medical then you are going at the right time (middle of the week) because the TB test takes several days to "react". We stayed in Juarez for 12 days because of the TB test and our wonderful USA Washington DC computers were down. If your have children that are going through the medical be prepaird for several days. If memory serves me correctly the TB test takes 3 days for the "reaction". If it is possitive then that is another trip back to the medical for xrays, if not then you may get the results that same day. If it is just yout fiancee then he may get his results the same day. My wife got hers the same day but not Michelle.

Go to the guide here on Visa Journey and review the list of things you need. One thing you need to do is bring extra money. We had to pay somewhere around $300.00 for another fee we were not expecting. I have forgotten what it was for. I am in my office and I dont have my paperwork with me to tell you exacly what it was. We had to pay $300. because of two fees. One for my wife one for Michelle.

I learned this about the process in Juarez...... be prepaied to wait! Then again some people are in and out in a flash. I knew of people who were there over 14 days and I knew people who were there for 2 days. It just depends on your situation.

I am not possitive about DHL being open on Sat and Sun. I think it is open on Sat but dont take my word for it.

If you are taking your car and driving in Mexico GET THE MEXICAN INSURANCE! THIS IS A MUST! If you are flying in and taking a cab then no worries. We stayed at the LaQuinta which is VERY nice and VERY HELPFUL and it's in walking distance for everything you need. PLUS much cheaper than H. INN. If you stay at LaQuinta be SURE SURE you book the one located at the NEW EMBASSY. I stress this because there is one located at the old embassy also. The have a shuttle bus that will take you to the medical building and the embassy almost any time you want. They will take you almost anywhere within reason even to the airport and shopping. They will NOT pick you up at the airport when you arrive.. it takes business away from the Taxi services but they will take you there for your departure flight.

Forgive me for not remembering everything. I am NOT the brains of the family! LOL My wife is!

On the things I said "dont take my word for it" be sure to verify these things. I would hate to missinform you and cause a hardship.

Hope this helps

I Am Mello

Thank you Mello, very much! We are not taking children. I am flying into El Paso and getting from there to Juarez (somehow). We are staying at the Holiday Inn. We do not have the letter yet but it was mailed on the 18th so hopefully we will get it before we leave for Juarez. If not then he will go to the information counter and get it printed out. Roberto is flying into Juarez. I will meet him there. I am trying to calculate

the days he will need to be in Juarez because I would like to be with him on his interview day even if I have to wait in the hotel. Since we are not taking children to the interview I think he can arrive in Juarez, go to the embassy and pick up the letter, go make payments in Banamex, and go to the medical clinic all in one day. Then the following day he can go to the interview. The day or so after that we will go to DHL to (hopefully) pick up the visa. So that means it would be possible to go to medical on Thursday and the interview on Friday. It may or may not work out that way but that is what we are going to try. This whole process has taught me to be patient and not trust that anything will happen when you believe it might.

So, taking what Mello says and the other things I have read then if I make a checklist for Roberto it will look like this...

Unless something has recently changed, there is no form OF-167. It's more of just an information form. You need to fill out the I-134(and attach all required evidence) to satisfy the public charge requirement. I don't think the OF-167 even tells you about the I-134 but you MUST have that and you MUST have a co-sponsor if you don't meet the income requirements by yourself. Perhaps you know this already but I got worried for you when I read your checklist. If you just simply show up with financial documents but not the I-134 affidavit, I think you will surely be denied. Good Luck!

It was sent from the NVC on August 26th, and was sent out to my fiance on September 24th.

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

Hi Gerry,

Congradulations!

Hope this helps

I Am Mello

Unless something has recently changed, there is no form OF-167. It's more of just an information form. You need to fill out the I-134(and attach all required evidence) to satisfy the public charge requirement. I don't think the OF-167 even tells you about the I-134 but you MUST have that and you MUST have a co-sponsor if you don't meet the income requirements by yourself. Perhaps you know this already but I got worried for you when I read your checklist. If you just simply show up with financial documents but not the I-134 affidavit, I think you will surely be denied. Good Luck!

You are right, I-134 could be the most important document at your interview and as Tglea said your visa will be denied.

:star:

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Woohoo! I called the NVC again this morning and I got the same answer twice in a row!!! Our packet 3 was mailed out on Sept 23rd (My birthday!!).

Now the fun begins!!! I hear the gang colors are really pretty in Juarez this time of year :)

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline
Woohoo! I called the NVC again this morning and I got the same answer twice in a row!!! Our packet 3 was mailed out on Sept 23rd (My birthday!!).

Now the fun begins!!! I hear the gang colors are really pretty in Juarez this time of year :)

Congratulatios, good luck there!

AOS

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

Timeline

YEAH! CHINMAN!!! When are you going? Do you know if the Holiday Inn right by the new embassy is called Las Missiones?

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

YEAH! CHINMAN!!! When are you going? Do you know if the Holiday Inn right by the new embassy is called Las Missiones?

Holiday Inn Las misiones is on Paseo de la Victoria #4202, next to the consulate.

This is a picture I took from my room, the blue sign is the clinic and right next to the Denny's sing you can see the American flag where the Consulate is.

post-68200-1253892287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Isi

AOS

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.