waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, UCLA_Cutie! Well... I am in waiting mode. My case left NVC last Wednesday and for the first time in this process, I've decided to simply give it 3 weeks before calling, emailing, and wondering if my papers got lost in a dark obscure USPS room (guess I am still recovering from my traumatic experience with the CSC).

In the mean time, I've been reading this forum from post 1. Wow! I would've never imagined that you've been here since the beginning (literally), UCLA_Cutie! Thanks for hanging around and continue to share with us your story and what you've learned.

So far I've only read the first 38 pages, but it's been enough to feel excited and anxious and nervous and happy for those who already got their visas.

Ok... back to page 38. At this rate, I should finish reading the forum by the time I get some news from CDJ.

Juan Carlos

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Our forum has been rather quiet lately. Any updates from anyone? Anything new?

Hey Cutie,

How you guys doin? Well our wedding here in San Francisco is set for August 30. She will be here the last week of June to help me set up the wedding and all. Right now im working on getting the padrinos (godfathers). We plan on doing a simple hall wedding here and next year do the whole church wedding in Monterrey in 09. We'll ,gotta get back to work now. Take care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Does anyone know what my fiancee is trying to tell me here:

Recuerdas que te mencione algo acerca de mi pasaporte, en la última pagina, en la última hoja en la portada de atrás color azul marino gruesa del pasaporte; sobre el código de barras tiene un sello con la letra "A". Ese sello es nuevo y no se que significa.

Apparently she says there is a letter "A" above the bar code on the last sheet of paper in her passport. She only went to the medical exam so I don't know how she could have received something in her passport. Maybe it was there the whole time and she just thinks it is new?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Recuerdas que te mencione algo acerca de mi pasaporte, en la última pagina, en la última hoja en la portada de atrás color azul marino gruesa del pasaporte; sobre el código de barras tiene un sello con la letra "A". Ese sello es nuevo y no se que significa.

Apparently she says there is a letter "A" above the bar code on the last sheet of paper in her passport. She only went to the medical exam so I don't know how she could have received something in her passport. Maybe it was there the whole time and she just thinks it is new?

Hi there.

I checked my husbands passport and he also has this letter A on the last page (back cover page) of the passport. It's a large A, stamped in Black. You are right, it may have been there the whole time...or maybe they stamped it there on the first time when she went to the interview and she never saw it.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there.

I checked my husbands passport and he also has this letter A on the last page (back cover page) of the passport. It's a large A, stamped in Black. You are right, it may have been there the whole time...or maybe they stamped it there on the first time when she went to the interview and she never saw it.

I'll check my passport (Mexican) and I HAVE NOT went through the interview process so I'll let you guys know how if my "untouched" passport appears the same...I'll post an answer tonite.

Timeline

I also would like to make an update...we were supposedly going for the K1 Interview this week...but my aunt hasn't signed the I-184 Affidavit of Support...we're pretty scared because apparently she does not want to give out all her income info and sign the affidavit and my fiancee Karla does not meet the income requirements for sponsorship...

We're pretty much all set on everything else we are just gonna wait if one of her closest friends can be her co-sponsor or if my aunt changes her mind.

I also have bank account statements showing about 9,000dlls with several deposits from the past 3 months but no official letter from the bank. How would that look for the interview? those are my funds readily available to be transferred to a US bank account.

Thanks and god bless all.

Jose

Timeline
I also would like to make an update...we were supposedly going for the K1 Interview this week...but my aunt hasn't signed the I-184 Affidavit of Support...we're pretty scared because apparently she does not want to give out all her income info and sign the affidavit and my fiancee Karla does not meet the income requirements for sponsorship...

We're pretty much all set on everything else we are just gonna wait if one of her closest friends can be her co-sponsor or if my aunt changes her mind.

I also have bank account statements showing about 9,000dlls with several deposits from the past 3 months but no official letter from the bank. How would that look for the interview? those are my funds readily available to be transferred to a US bank account.

Thanks and god bless all.

Jose

im not sure what your income is but thats what most important. as long as you have a job and you make over the poverty lines for the number of people that will be in your household you should be ok. i gave no bank statements. all i gave my fiance were my 2007 1099 , tax return, and 3 months of pay stubs and she got the visa.

Timeline

I just checked my mexican passport, the last page before the back cover with the barcode and there's NOT anything stamped on it...just thought it might be useful...now when my turn comes to go through the medical/interview process I'll look for it.

God bless.

Jose

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey everybody,

I haven't worked my way through this entire thread, but I will eventually! I do have a question that I hope you all can help me out with. I'm applying for a K-3 visa and currently have both my I-130 and I-129F pending at VSC, awaiting NOA2. The problem is that VSC does not seem to be approving I-129F's for K-3's anymore, so I think there's a very good chance that they'll only approve my I-130 and I'll be forced onto the CR-1 path. My concern is that in the past the wait time at Juarez for an immigrant visa interview has been VERY long. However, I've also heard that wait times are improving and are expected to get even shorter in the future.

So here's my question: Assuming I'm put on the CR-1 track, about how long after the Juarez consulate receives my petition will my fiancee have her interview?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

I think that it's only like 2-3 months now that NVC is scheduling them.

Timeline

Hello everyone, I just recently stumbled upon this site and have found it very useful. I haven't had a lot of time to explore and am wondering if you more experience users can point me in the right direction. My fiance will be going to Juarez for her interview in late May and I am looking for specific user stories or experiences on what exactly happens during the medical and interview. I want to know what she should expect and how long it takes to complete everything. From my understanding the medical can be done in a single day and the interview/visa issuance is done the following day. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, Andy! Welcome to the Juarez forum.

Here you will find a lot of people who can give you first hand testimony on what goes on during the medical exam and the actual interview. I am also going through your same process, so at this point there isn't much I can tell you.

The one thing I can say is that if you really want to read about several exams and interviews, you should read this whole forum from start to finish. I am still stock at page 38, but I have already learned about interviews gone wrong and medical exams which also went very wrong (of course, most are stories with happy endings). So, if you want my advice, read this forum. It will be worth it.

Good luck with your process!

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Timeline

hey andy,

you should find everything you need to know on vj. just look through the juarez thread. i recently posted our experience. also look at the reviews section. good luck

UCLA I see you are still around :lol: I check back once in a great while. Hope everyone on this thread is doing well. This is a great thread! It is good to see that it hasn't been died down. Good luck to all heading to Juarez.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline

I am heading to Guadalajara this week to see my SO. I just filed my K-1 w/Vermont on April 1st. I was wondering since I am there, can I help her fill out the DS156 and DS156k ahead of time.

I know the DS156 is online and generates a bar code. Are these documents time sensitive? In other words, do I have to wait until my NOA2 is issued, or do the online documents have an expiration date?

And is there anything else I can square away while I am down there to make our journey more efficient.

Thanks for any insight.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Brian if I recall correctly, you can begin filling out all forms ahead of time. I too did the same. I went down personally with my fiance and filled everything out for him and simply had him sign it. I also organized everything he was taking so that he can easily find what is being asked of him. I did it months in advance so I don't see any problem with that.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.