waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

well got off the phone with the consulate, My wife already has a interview dat may 15 2008, thats so so soon, things are going fast, :thumbs: if anybody can share some info please do!!

IM SO HAPPY!!! wish us luck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
well got off the phone with the consulate, My wife already has a interview dat may 15 2008, thats so so soon, things are going fast, :thumbs: if anybody can share some info please do!!

IM SO HAPPY!!! wish us luck!!!

good luck! i posted a lil review of my fiance's interview. we did k1 though. hope it helps in some way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just to let everyone know that we will be heading to our K1 Visa interview on April 22-34 (Medical and Embassy).

Best of luck. And if you have a chance could you inquire as to when the embassy is moving. As I mentioned earlier, June '08 was suppose to be the moving date. I am planning to go in June/July/August. I am hoping that there will be no down time for moving.

Your list looks great, I did not see where the USC intent to marry was listed and of course that one would be signed.

Thanks,

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just to let everyone know that we will be heading to our K1 Visa interview on April 22-34 (Medical and Embassy).

We figured out that leaving on Monday and having the medical on Tuesday and the interview on Wednesday would be a good idea since most people do it Monday-Tuesday.

Also, one question, she will be driving a RENTAL CAR from San Antonio to El Paso and she doesn't know if she can enter and drive the car in Juarez?? we don't want to get in trouble, she's a US Citizen and I guess she wouldn't have trouble driving back to El Paso on her own, just want to know if in Cd Juarez would she need to fill out a form? I know most border towns is pretty common to see cars with US License Plates so if anyone knows about this it would be helpful.

OUR INTERVIEW PACKAGE:

DS-156 (filled online, bar coded and duplicate, unsigned)

DS-156K

DS-157 (I'm a male)

I-134 from my fiance with her tax returns

I-134 from my aunt with her tax returns

Intent to marry letter, unsigned

Pictures

Online chat transcripts

---------------------------------

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! when approved we'll have a huge family party in San Marcos,TX! (celebrating my birthday also, May 7th)

God bless,

Jose y Karla

The insurance company will need to know about crossing the border but as far as driving an American car in Juarez it is no problem and no permits needed. The Mexican side doesn't stop you or ask you anything.

You do stop, wait for the light, if it is green then go but if it is red you must park and they will ask you if you are bringing anything to Mexico that you will leave. The reason they typically stop you is to charge you taxes if you bring merchandise to leave in Mexico.

Do you know your way around Juarez to drive? Make sure you get a good map and gps would be great if they have a Juarez map. I have gotten lost many times in Juarez and my wife had to find me. Be careful what part of town you go to and use the bridge from I think US54? or Saragosa.

We figured out that leaving on Monday and having the medical on Tuesday and the interview on Wednesday would be a good idea since most people do it Monday-Tuesday.

Also, one question, she will be driving a RENTAL CAR from San Antonio to El Paso and she doesn't know if she can enter and drive the car in Juarez?? we don't want to get in trouble, she's a US Citizen and I guess she wouldn't have trouble driving back to El Paso on her own, just want to know if in Cd Juarez would she need to fill out a form? I know most border towns is pretty common to see cars with US License Plates so if anyone knows about this it would be helpful.

OUR INTERVIEW PACKAGE:

DS-156 (filled online, bar coded and duplicate, unsigned)

DS-156K

DS-157 (I'm a male)

I-134 from my fiance with her tax returns

I-134 from my aunt with her tax returns

Intent to marry letter, unsigned

Pictures

Online chat transcripts

---------------------------------

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! when approved we'll have a huge family party in San Marcos,TX! (celebrating my birthday also, May 7th)

God bless,

Jose y Karla

The rental place will have you purchase mexican insurance and a special permit will also be needed to enter mexico with an american car. It's not that much. I think its like 10 dollars a day for the mexican insurance. I paid $200 for 2 weeks of insurance on my car.

Mexico won't require a permit for entry into a border town.

Timeline
ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

God bless,

Jose y Karla

Wow, your English is superb! All I can tell you is that I live 30 minutes from Canada and I have driven across the border too many times to count. It shouldn't be a problem

Worst case scenario is that they will ask in a semi-stern voice, "Does the rental company know that you are bringing the car to Mexico?" If this question pops up either tell them yes or that you looked over the policies and nowhere did it say anything against bringing the car out of the country.

Canada does stop everyone and ask why are you coming here or something like that but Mexico doesn't care. They stop very few people and it is just to see if they need to charge you taxes on merchandise brougt in.

There is a military presence in Juarez now so I don't know if that will change anything but you might want to take extra care to stay away from the bad part of Juarez.

Greatgate,

How is everything with Diana, I hope she is ok.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Joey_77... what Gaby&Talbert told you is correct. Your biggest concern should be the insurance and the rental car company. I just wanted to add that the map on Google Maps is pretty accurate for Juarez, so you may want to consider it as an option to find your way around Juarez.

There are four bridges that cross from the US into Juarez, but the one I recommend is the one called "Puente Libre". If you are comming from San Antonio, you will have to take exit 22B on I-10. (I don't remember if it is 22A or 22B... but there is a big sign). That exit will take you straight into Juarez and very very close to the consulate.

Now, I have a very basic question... yesterday my case left the NVC. I've read about some people celebrating when the file is received by the consulate. How do you find when the consulate receives your case? By calling their 900 number? In that case, how long would you advice me to wait before calling? (calling NVC is free, but that 900 charges 1.25 per minute, right?).

Thanks!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
How do you find when the consulate receives your case? By calling their 900 number? In that case, how long would you advice me to wait before calling? (calling NVC is free, but that 900 charges 1.25 per minute, right?).

Thanks!

Juan Carlos.

Thanks Juan Carlos!

You find that the Consulate receives your case when you get your APPOINTMENT LETTER, and you have to take that along with your other form to the interview...

I tried the 900 number that is listed on both the appt letter and the website and i couldn't get through! I thought it was because my ph landline had restricted access so I called my ph company and even the operator tried to dial the # and she couldn't get through either! so I had to dial the 800 # and charge my credit card $7.00 for the entire call (which is not a bad idea considering you can ask all the questions you want, because the whole call is paid for)...

So Juan Carlos, I'd advise for you to wait until you get your Appt letter in the mail and then call the Consulate to make sure they got it.

God Bless,

Jose

Joey_77... what Gaby&Talbert told you is correct. Your biggest concern should be the insurance and the rental car company. I just wanted to add that the map on Google Maps is pretty accurate for Juarez, so you may want to consider it as an option to find your way around Juarez.

There are four bridges that cross from the US into Juarez, but the one I recommend is the one called "Puente Libre". If you are comming from San Antonio, you will have to take exit 22B on I-10. (I don't remember if it is 22A or 22B... but there is a big sign). That exit will take you straight into Juarez and very very close to the consulate.

Now, I have a very basic question... yesterday my case left the NVC. I've read about some people celebrating when the file is received by the consulate. How do you find when the consulate receives your case? By calling their 900 number? In that case, how long would you advice me to wait before calling? (calling NVC is free, but that 900 charges 1.25 per minute, right?).

Thanks!

Juan Carlos.

Hi Juan Carlos, NO DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOU GET THE APPOINTMENT LETTER IN THE MAIL. After Juarez sends the packet to you in the US, it takes over 3 weeks (cause I live in CALIFORNIA, so it depends where you live, because the package is sent from a TEXAS address) for you to receive...and then you might not have enough time to plan everything out. It's better if you know the date of the interview prior to receiving the interview letter (and package)

For me, it was easy calling the 1-900 number...I called from my land line and no problem at all. I could not get connected through the cell phone, though. After our case left NVC I called about 8 days later just to confirm if they had received it in Juarez. After I found out that our case had been received by Juarez, I called once a week (maybe that's a lot) to find out if an appointment had been scheduled for us. We found out our interview date by calling Ciudad Juarez...so that helped a lot with the planning of our trip.

If you have any other questions regarding the K3, let me know and I will gladly help. We were in Juarez last month, and my husband's visa was granted (thank God).

Good luck....

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

Thanks for the advice, Joey and YGrandMAT. I will start calling the consulate once a week starting next Friday. Yes, I know it may be a little too much, and I may have to spend some money on those phone calls... but right now the only thing I can think of is the date for our interview. So I think it will be worth it!!

Thanks for the advice!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everybody,

I haven't worked my way through this entire thread, but I will eventually! I do have a question that I hope you all can help me out with. I'm applying for a K-3 visa and currently have both my I-130 and I-129F pending at VSC, awaiting NOA2. The problem is that VSC does not seem to be approving I-129F's for K-3's anymore, so I think there's a very good chance that they'll only approve my I-130 and I'll be forced onto the CR-1 path. My concern is that in the past the wait time at Juarez for an immigrant visa interview has been VERY long. However, I've also heard that wait times are improving and are expected to get even shorter in the future.

So here's my question: Assuming I'm put on the CR-1 track, about how long after the Juarez consulate receives my petition will my fiancee have her interview?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

11/30/07: Married in Mexico

I-130 Timeline
01/12/08: I-130 sent to VSC
02/11/08: NOA1
10/14/08: NOA2
11/18/08: Case complete at NVC
02/04/09: Interview--CR1 visa granted!
02/05/09: POE in El Paso, TX

Removal of Conditions Timeline
01/08/11: I-751 package sent to VSC
01/11/11: NOA1
02/08/11: Biometrics appointment
08/16/11: Approved!
08/20/11: 10-year green card received

Citizenship Timeline

03/03/14: N-400 sent to Dallas, TX

03/07/14: NOA1

04/03/14: Biometrics appointment

05/21/14: Interview--passed!

07/30/14: Oath ceremony

Hey everybody,

I haven't worked my way through this entire thread, but I will eventually! I do have a question that I hope you all can help me out with. I'm applying for a K-3 visa and currently have both my I-130 and I-129F pending at VSC, awaiting NOA2. The problem is that VSC does not seem to be approving I-129F's for K-3's anymore, so I think there's a very good chance that they'll only approve my I-130 and I'll be forced onto the CR-1 path. My concern is that in the past the wait time at Juarez for an immigrant visa interview has been VERY long. However, I've also heard that wait times are improving and are expected to get even shorter in the future.

So here's my question: Assuming I'm put on the CR-1 track, about how long after the Juarez consulate receives my petition will my fiancee have her interview?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Hello Math Man,

Did you just say "Fiance" ?? K1's are for fiances and K3 and CR1 are for spouse's.

Please clarify...

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Heh. I meant wife, I'm not sure why I typed fiancee. My wife and I were married civilly in November 2007 in order to start the immigration process, but we're having a big Catholic wedding in Mexico next month. Both of us consider that to be the "real" marriage, and maybe that's why I subconsciously typed "fiancee." :-)

Anyway, thanks for pointing out my mistake--I don't want people to be confused. Do you have any idea how long my wife would have to wait for an immigrant visa interview if we're forced into getting a CR-1?

Hey everybody,

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Hello Math Man,

Did you just say "Fiance" ?? K1's are for fiances and K3 and CR1 are for spouse's.

Please clarify...

11/30/07: Married in Mexico

I-130 Timeline
01/12/08: I-130 sent to VSC
02/11/08: NOA1
10/14/08: NOA2
11/18/08: Case complete at NVC
02/04/09: Interview--CR1 visa granted!
02/05/09: POE in El Paso, TX

Removal of Conditions Timeline
01/08/11: I-751 package sent to VSC
01/11/11: NOA1
02/08/11: Biometrics appointment
08/16/11: Approved!
08/20/11: 10-year green card received

Citizenship Timeline

03/03/14: N-400 sent to Dallas, TX

03/07/14: NOA1

04/03/14: Biometrics appointment

05/21/14: Interview--passed!

07/30/14: Oath ceremony

Timeline

Hello, Math Man!

As with everything that has to do with immigration, timelines vary widely from one case to the other. I read of a CR1 case being approved in 4 months... others have waited 8-9. But here is a link with all the stats of how long those cases are taking.

Hope it helps!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...r1cr1historical

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

AOS

Timeline
Hello, Math Man!

As with everything that has to do with immigration, timelines vary widely from one case to the other. I read of a CR1 case being approved in 4 months... others have waited 8-9. But here is a link with all the stats of how long those cases are taking.

Hope it helps!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...r1cr1historical

Juan Carlos.

Call the consulate in Juarez and ask them what their current appointment times are for immigrant visas versus non immigrant visas once they receive them from the NVC. I called this time last year and the non immigrant visas (k) were 1-2 months and immigrant visas (CR/IR) were 9 months. I haven't seen anyone in the Juarez thread getting CR/IR visas lately, they are mostly K1 visas. It would be worth the call to decide which way you would prefer to go if you have the option.

Our forum has been rather quiet lately. Any updates from anyone? Anything new?

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.