waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay. I know this has been answered before on this thread ... but, dang, there are a lot of messages to go through to find the answer. So I'm hoping one of ya'll can save me the time. I see Kitkat is no longer a member, which is pretty bad news for me.

So, here's the question ... or more like a bunch of statements followed by a gang of questions.

I haven't had a stable job in the U.S. for about 3 or 4 years. I was a journalist making about $25,000 per year up until the aforementioned 3-to-4-year swoon. After that, I was a sub teacher/student teacher for a year in California, which pretty much means I went a year with making about enough money to pay for 3 bags of ramen and a tank of gas (when gas was only $2.75 per gallon). Then I moved to Mexico, where I still live, and have earned pesos for being a teacher en varios lados. Anyway, I obviously am not making enough to qualify for proof of financial stability or an ability to support my fiancee.

My fiancee has a business but also does not make enough money. Besides, we're both moving to the U.S., where we won't have a job when we get there.

My mom has agreed to support us international freeloaders for a bit. She's well above poverty.

I looked at Juarez consulate's list of things that are considered acceptable as proof of financial stability. I have none of those things. My fiancee has none of those things. My mother could provide the bank statement I'm guessing and the letter from her employer. My mom could also fill out the I-134 affidavit of support, which isn't one of the things listed on the Juarez site.

Do I or my fiancee need to provide anything to show how much money we have (or don't have) as some sort of formality? Or is that a pointless waste of time since it will only prove that we have nothing?

Should I fill out an I-134 eventhough I have no proof I could support my fiancee (I noticed Kitkat filled out the I-134 eventhough she said it wasn't something the Juarez consulate uses).

Should my mother fill out the I-134 right away? When should she fill it out if she should fill it out at all?

I got the NOA2 (late October) and am waiting for the packet 3 ... which, from looking at the plight of those ahead of me, might take a while. If my mother went through the process of getting the bank and employer letters ready and filling out the I-134 right now, would it be too early, forcing her to do the same thing all over again in a few months? Or would it be a great idea so, when the packet 3 comes, we'd already be ready to go to the interview?

Thanks for any help you can provide. You all rule. ¡Happy Revolutionary War Day! Y que tengan un feliz dia de gracias. Lo voy a perder otra vez :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Okay. I know this has been answered before on this thread ... but, dang, there are a lot of messages to go through to find the answer. So I'm hoping one of ya'll can save me the time. I see Kitkat is no longer a member, which is pretty bad news for me.

So, here's the question ... or more like a bunch of statements followed by a gang of questions.

I haven't had a stable job in the U.S. for about 3 or 4 years. I was a journalist making about $25,000 per year up until the aforementioned 3-to-4-year swoon. After that, I was a sub teacher/student teacher for a year in California, which pretty much means I went a year with making about enough money to pay for 3 bags of ramen and a tank of gas (when gas was only $2.75 per gallon). Then I moved to Mexico, where I still live, and have earned pesos for being a teacher en varios lados. Anyway, I obviously am not making enough to qualify for proof of financial stability or an ability to support my fiancee.

My fiancee has a business but also does not make enough money. Besides, we're both moving to the U.S., where we won't have a job when we get there.

My mom has agreed to support us international freeloaders for a bit. She's well above poverty.

I looked at Juarez consulate's list of things that are considered acceptable as proof of financial stability. I have none of those things. My fiancee has none of those things. My mother could provide the bank statement I'm guessing and the letter from her employer. My mom could also fill out the I-134 affidavit of support, which isn't one of the things listed on the Juarez site.

Do I or my fiancee need to provide anything to show how much money we have (or don't have) as some sort of formality? Or is that a pointless waste of time since it will only prove that we have nothing?

Should I fill out an I-134 eventhough I have no proof I could support my fiancee (I noticed Kitkat filled out the I-134 eventhough she said it wasn't something the Juarez consulate uses).

Should my mother fill out the I-134 right away? When should she fill it out if she should fill it out at all?

I got the NOA2 (late October) and am waiting for the packet 3 ... which, from looking at the plight of those ahead of me, might take a while. If my mother went through the process of getting the bank and employer letters ready and filling out the I-134 right now, would it be too early, forcing her to do the same thing all over again in a few months? Or would it be a great idea so, when the packet 3 comes, we'd already be ready to go to the interview?

Thanks for any help you can provide. You all rule. ¡Happy Revolutionary War Day! Y que tengan un feliz dia de gracias. Lo voy a perder otra vez :(

Yes follow kitkats advice on collecting the financial information in the I-134 for your mother it will help. Have you checked http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket to see if anything has changed for Juarez on K1 interviews?

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Timeline

Yes follow kitkats advice on collecting the financial information in the I-134 for your mother it will help. Have you checked http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket to see if anything has changed for Juarez on K1 interviews?

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have checked the Juarez site. And I do plan to have my mom go through the I-134 process. But do I need to bring any additional financial information or will that be enough? And when should my mom gather the I-134 information? Now or after we receive the packet? I'm not sure when they consider I-134 info outdated.

Gringo you can have your mother gather all the information now. The affidavit is normally good for a year (if things haven't changed). I used the same information I provided to Juarez for the AOS and didn't have any problems. They weren't as picky during the K-1 as they were during K-1. Hope that helps :)

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline
Gringo you can have your mother gather all the information now. The affidavit is normally good for a year (if things haven't changed). I used the same information I provided to Juarez for the AOS and didn't have any problems. They weren't as picky during the K-1 as they were during K-1. Hope that helps :)

Yes, that helps, thanks. Will that be sufficient to show that we meet the financial qualifications? Or do I need to bring additional things? There is a list on the Juarez consulate site of things that are generally accepted as proof of financial sustainability ... but I don't have any of those things. I make zilch and have made zilch for 3 or 4 years.

Timeline
I know it's early in the process for me, but I've been planning ahead to see what I still need to do. I looked at fiance's passport (I have all of his documents...I decided it's best if I keep everything together and not him since he's more confused about this process than I am) and it expires Feb 22. If he needs 6 open months after visa, that means he will probably need to renew it before his interview, which at this rate, I'm not really expecting to occur until Sept or Oct. Sigh...I wish I would have read that far ahead before because he got the passport for the sole purpose of the visa and it doesn't even have enough time on it! Well, I will wait until it's closer to the interview to have him renew it. It only takes about a week. Will they question why he's renewing it before it expires? I'm a nervous wreck! lol Well, at least I think that's the last thing we need. I finally received 3 copies of his b cert. When he applied for his passport, they kept his original and wouldn't give it back. So this time I had him get 3 copies to ensure we would have one for every pit-stop along the road. I've also read on here that Mexico does not give police clearances so he will not need one. However, he got one from the police department. It took 3 days. But that was before I knew we didn't need one. I don't know how he got it if they don't give them though. I guess I'm just rambling on. I don't have anyone here to talk about this crazy stuff with...lol

Mexico does not require police certificates because most places don't provide them. It's normal for them to keep the birth certificate when applying for a passport. His passport must have at least 6 months on it - it would make sense for him to get a 5 year passport now since it's a pain to do and you don't know how long of a wait you have. Also, once he's in the US it will be a valid piece of ID until he has others. No one wil notice that it has been renew and they even if they did they won't care.

I dug this Kitkat quote up from the old-school days of the Juarez consulate thread. My fiancee needs to have 6 months left on her passport at the time of the interview? Hers expires in May. Does that mean she needs to get a renewal?

Yes, the passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months. You will also need it for AOS. It may be wise to go ahead and renew it. My husband also encountered the same problem. We decided to renew for one year prior to his interview just to avoid any problems. I am glad we did since we had our AOS interview about 4 months after his arrival. As for the financial information, take your mothers. They are interested in the person making the affidavit. In all honesty, they never looked at mine during his interview. He still had everything with him when he left. He said they never asked him for anything, but I would have the at least tax statements from your mother. While waiting outside of the consulate, I heard others saying how they were asked for their prior year tax statements. Again this is for the person making the affidavit. If you like, take everything you have. Sometimes it is better to be over prepared and over-whelm them with documentation ^_^

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline
Yes, the passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months. You will also need it for AOS. It may be wise to go ahead and renew it. My husband also encountered the same problem. We decided to renew for one year prior to his interview just to avoid any problems. I am glad we did since we had our AOS interview about 4 months after his arrival. As for the financial information, take your mothers. They are interested in the person making the affidavit. In all honesty, they never looked at mine during his interview. He still had everything with him when he left. He said they never asked him for anything, but I would have the at least tax statements from your mother. While waiting outside of the consulate, I heard others saying how they were asked for their prior year tax statements. Again this is for the person making the affidavit. If you like, take everything you have. Sometimes it is better to be over prepared and over-whelm them with documentation ^_^

Thank you so much for that information. That totally helps. I'll tell my fiancee to get her passport renewed ASAP. That and she needs to fill out the forms on the Internet. Then, what? I guess I wait for the I-134 from my mother and the fiancee packet from Juarez. Good good. My mom said she'd call her represenative's office soon to complain that the Juarez consulate is tardando muchisimo in sending out the fiancee packet. There is one guy on here, Hodad, who has been waiting like 4 months for Juarez to send the packet. That's insane. I need to get back to the U.S. like yesterday.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received the acceptance letter on October 3rd saying they would forward the packet to Mexico within a week and it still hasn't arrived. When I called yesterday they said my husband's interview is on December 20th and we had no idea...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Kitkat1- I haven`t been on any immigration forums for a long time and just now decided to stop by and see what was going on and see who was still around. While I was here, I saw that your 601 had been approved. Congratulations! For my part and the parts of the countless others who you`ve helped I want to thank you very much. May you and your fiance (husband?) have a wonderful life together now that you`ve finally negotiated so many hurdles. Felicidades y muchisimas gracias.

Brian.

Hi everyone!

Can you guys please tell me what hotel is nice and near the Ciudad Juarez Consulate/embassy? How close?

Thanks,

YG

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

YGandMat, I think you can check onofre's update and he has a lot of information on that.

I hope this thread doesn't die, or that all the people with good information leave. I am wondering how much time do I have to get to the consulate for the interview once we receive Packet 3? I am thinking about leaving Mexico and going up ahead to work for financial reasons. I'm wondering if there is an expiration, so to speak. I know there aren't appointments for the K-1, so I wonder is it a matter of 3 months or so for you to be able to get to the appointment?

I hope that is clear b/c I asked before on a separate thread and nobody seemed to know.

YGandMat, I think you can check onofre's update and he has a lot of information on that.

I hope this thread doesn't die, or that all the people with good information leave. I am wondering how much time do I have to get to the consulate for the interview once we receive Packet 3? I am thinking about leaving Mexico and going up ahead to work for financial reasons. I'm wondering if there is an expiration, so to speak. I know there aren't appointments for the K-1, so I wonder is it a matter of 3 months or so for you to be able to get to the appointment?

I hope that is clear b/c I asked before on a separate thread and nobody seemed to know.

Hello racheljana,

Thank you for your response. However, where do I find Onofre's update? I'm very new to this thread and not familiar with it.

Has your I-129F been approved? Has it reached NVC or Juarez?

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

Hi everyone, hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

I need some help with some last minute items. I received the US citizen copy of the invitation letter in the mail Nov. 19, but my fiance in Mexico has not received her invitation letter and packet. Our NOA2 expires 1/9/08!

Need confirmation, can we use my copy of the invitation letter? Or, do you have to use the one the fiance should receive?

Also, can someone else confirm if the consulate will be open 1/2/08 - 1/4/08? I know that the consulate is supposed to be open all days except American and Mexican holidays and last friday of the month. Just want to make sure the following days after New Year's are not considered "Gov't" holidays.

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay in Juarez? I'm really looking forward to seeing mi amor!!!

Lastly, the example forms DS-157, DS-158, and DS-230 on Visa Journey are not included in the Fiance Visa Packet available online on the Juarez Consulate website. Can someone confirm what these are for? And, that they are not needed?

Thanks as always!

04/30/07 - Mailed in I-129F via USPS Express Next Day

05/02/07 - USPS confirms I-129F delivered to T.AKEO at INS, CSC

05/23/07 - CSC confirms receipt of I-129F

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

10/19/07 - USCIS, CSC sends to NVC

10/29/07 - NVC sends to Ciudad Juarez

11/15/07 - CJ Consulate sends Fiance Packet - Fiance never receives - Will use American copy

01/03/08 - Medical Exam in Juarez

01/04/08 - Interview at Consulate - K1 VISA APPROVED!!!

Planning a Spring wedding in May!

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.