StupidJourney

NVC to Casa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I mailed a letter to Morocco on friday using express 3-5 day mail. It arrived on the 5th day in Casa, but took all day to clear customs. It's still on its way south....but a signature is required so I shuld know something soon.

I guess when you fiance lives outside major metropolitan areas, even express mail is slow.

that's true. i think once it gets of the rabat/casa region, it takes a long time. I hope if I send something express tomorrow that it will get there in time! :blink: oh i couldn't figure out the dhl thing. someone said a package left the 11th, but i haven't seen any leaving from oct 5 - 19, so I dunno...

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I mailed a letter to Morocco on friday using express 3-5 day mail. It arrived on the 5th day in Casa, but took all day to clear customs. It's still on its way south....but a signature is required so I shuld know something soon.

I guess when you fiance lives outside major metropolitan areas, even express mail is slow.

that's true. i think once it gets of the rabat/casa region, it takes a long time. I hope if I send something express tomorrow that it will get there in time! :blink: oh i couldn't figure out the dhl thing. someone said a package left the 11th, but i haven't seen any leaving from oct 5 - 19, so I dunno...

Okay, I did it. I can see that the last shipment was on 10/4/06. Don't loose hope though, I can't help but wonder if this reference only applies to certain types of visas.

Okay just did a search using EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (NIV for non immigrant visa) and it pulled up even more that the IV did. Still didn't see anything to Morocco. Don't worry...it will be there soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay, I did it. I can see that the last shipment was on 10/4/06. Don't loose hope though, I can't help but wonder if this reference only applies to certain types of visas.

Okay just did a search using EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (NIV for non immigrant visa) and it pulled up even more that the IV did. Still didn't see anything to Morocco. Don't worry...it will be there soon.

9191996262 left NVC for Morocco on Oct 11th and arrived Oct 13th. This is the package in question I believe, but hard to say since they are telling 3 of us that our cases were sent out on the 12th but there is no record of packages going out on the 12th!!! or anytime after to date. :unsure:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Where did you get that number from? I used it and yes, it appears to have gone out on the 11th and arrived on the 13th. Did someone verify that yours is in with that batch?

As far as them telling you they sent it out on the 12th, well don't pay much attention to that. They always give an approximate date. More than likely it is there. Now getting the Consulate to actually open the package is another story.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
More than likely it is there. Now getting the Consulate to actually open the package is another story.

So true!! :lol: I'm going to stop worrying about it. We'll get the interview date when we get it. No sense in going nuts in the meantime. I'll just continue preparing my house for him..that will keep me out of mischeif! :whistle:

Liz,

I have sent Omar packages using USPS Global express. IT is trackable and gets there in 3-5 business days, which is plenty of time for the interview since we don't have a date yet. Omar lives on the eastside of maroc. I'd imagine this method would work for your fiance as well.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.