Lonelywithouthim

Reply from the consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

This is interesting, I emailed the Kenya consulate to inform them of an address change and as always to check the status. Two weeks later, I emailed to check just the status and both times I got the same reply. I don't think they are reading the email. What do you think? below is the reply I got both times:

Embassy of the United States of America

United Nations Avenue    

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel:  254-20-363-6492

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

We have reviewed our records and learned that (name)  immigrant visa application is still undergoing administrative processing in order to verify their qualifications for the visas.  Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it can take significantly longer.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to re-unite families.  Nonetheless, the Consular in Nairobi, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 4

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would send them an email saying exactly what you just said...that you received the same reply both times. Explain to them how anxious you are getting and if they could PLEASE update you appropriately. Ugh....they can try patience :wow:

Also, I see your photo with your signature...you are a lovely and beautiful couple...and I hope you hear something soon.

Send them another email. I'd be pulling my hair out at this point, lol. Hang in there, honey. Lots of love, xo. (F)(L)(F)

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi Jill,

Emailing them doesn't appear to work to well but I will give them a call and see how that works. As always, thanks for your support..xoxo :innocent::star:

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would call them as well. It's just so hard with the time difference and you can only call the Consular section between certain hours Nairobi time... :bonk::angry: I used to get soooooo incredibly frustrated calling there. It's just extremely aggravating. I hope all goes well and I hope you manage to get some information from them. Lots of love, xo.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.