sharfjon

I-130 in Chile

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

This question is directed for those of you who have submitted the I-130 from Chile. I received a request for evidence for my I-130 petition stating the following, "The petitioner merely submitted the English translation marriage certificate without the foreign language document. Therefore, he/she must submit a legible copy of the requested marriage certificate in its original language." I obtained my marriage certificate (small green paper for those of you who have seen it) from the civil registry. I then had it translated at the ministry of external relations (on the street Augustinas). Apparently this wasn't the correct way to submit the marriage certificate. Where can I obtain the proper marriage certificate and translation?

thanks a lot,

Jon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I personally have not had to use the marriage certificate but I've heard that USCIS has sent RFEs because of Chilean divorce or marriage certificates. Which worried me but I spoke to someone who went through the same situation as you are. They said go to the civil registry and get the proper documents if that is already what you did then you should scan the certificate onto your computer and email the US embassy in Santiago Chile and ask them if you have the right documentation. If you do then you need to contact the USCIS and inform them that you have the right document. I do not believe it is the translation bc I've seen over and over again problems with Chilean certificates. The other 2 people I spoke to one the US embassy in Chile contact the NVC to inform them that the certificate was correct while the the other person called USCIS and explained everything and spoke to a manager and got her application approved. Hope this helps.

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Tough to tell from this, as the OP's timeline and profile are not filled in, but the I-130 topic doesn't belong in the K-1 forum. OP has posted a question in another topic in the IR-1/CR-1 subforum, so I will move this topic there in the hope of getting more answers.

To sharfjon - please let us know by report (click the report button at the bottom of this post) if IR-1\CR-1 is not what you are filing for. We can then move this to the correct spot.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

This question is directed for those of you who have submitted the I-130 from Chile. I received a request for evidence for my I-130 petition stating the following, "The petitioner merely submitted the English translation marriage certificate without the foreign language document. Therefore, he/she must submit a legible copy of the requested marriage certificate in its original language." I obtained my marriage certificate (small green paper for those of you who have seen it) from the civil registry. I then had it translated at the ministry of external relations (on the street Augustinas). Apparently this wasn't the correct way to submit the marriage certificate. Where can I obtain the proper marriage certificate and translation?

thanks a lot,

Jon

You need to submit the original document AND the translation. You don't need to have the translation done at any specific agency; you can do it yourself or have anyone who is fluent in both languages do it. The person translating just needs to type the following and sign on the translated copy:

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.