steel_4d

Advance Parole in review for over three months. How to expedite?

5 posts in this topic

Is anyone else seeing very long lead times for advance paroles? About how long till you get the AP in the mail?

I don't remember previous APs taking this long.

I called USCIS and asked for an expedite based on having flight tickets for June 25th, and asked for a status update. They replied with an email that says nothing:

"Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter."

What else can I do? The three months was up on June 13th. It is now a week later. I need to fly in 5 days. Has anyone found any effective methods? Can I ask for a supervisor, like at a normal business, if I can't get anywhere with the drone?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally you cannot expedite unless serious illness or death in the family with proof. Or issues of the like.

If your just going on vacation etc you just have to wait to get your AP.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Is anyone else seeing very long lead times for advance paroles? About how long till you get the AP in the mail?

I don't remember previous APs taking this long.

I called USCIS and asked for an expedite based on having flight tickets for June 25th, and asked for a status update. They replied with an email that says nothing:

"Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter."

What else can I do? The three months was up on June 13th. It is now a week later. I need to fly in 5 days. Has anyone found any effective methods? Can I ask for a supervisor, like at a normal business, if I can't get anywhere with the drone?

Thanks

If it is critical for you to travel because of a death or illness in the family OR you expect great financial hardship, you can create an InfoPass appointment with all necessary supporting documents as evidence to your claims and they can issue Advance Parole on the spot or the next day. If it is a trip for pleasure -- there's little they will do for you.

I called again, and they finally told me they are now processing APs with Feb. 16 receipt dates. Which makes me pretty screwed. They also gave me a followup email address for the nebraska office and told me to send in my story and flight tickets as evidence. Might help someone in the future. Note that this was my second call after the expedite request, and I was transferred to a second person, because the first couldn't give me this email address.

Thought I would update the thread. I did in fact get my AP approved and went to document production right away, and I got an email saying they mailed it on the 21st. This was the day after my second phone call. I never emailed. They never signaled that they would expedite. They just quietly approved it.

I was hoping it would arrive by this Saturday, but now it looks like it will be Monday or later. Even though I told them I had plane tickets for Monday. I guess I can call it a half-success.

I would recommend to anyone in the same situation to call a few times, possibly get a follow-up email address and send in a copy of your airline tickets. Give them more time than I gave them. They tell you they only expedite for national security or humanitarian reasons, but behind the scenes they're more reasonable.

Hope that helps someone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.