chimcham

Canadian Friends who are AOS'ing

34 posts in this topic

Ah okay, was just wondering. The EAD is actually the part that matters the most to me.

It will move quickly, you'll see. AOS applicants get spolied at first...notifications left right and center :) You might even get your green card approval before the EAD arrives :) welcome to the waiting game!! :)

06/25/12-2 Year Green Card Approved

05/13/14-Mailed ROC

05/15/14-NOA Receipt Date

05/19/14-Check posted to account and NOA received in mail

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your interview. I am currently going through the same process of getting my residency in the US. It is so ridiculous that we have to go through all this when we're only a few hours drive away:(

I read your post and just sent a request for a copy of my long form birth certificate. Do i need one for my husband (a my sponsor?) Does it require a guarantors signature from Canada, or can it be a guarantor from the US?

Thanks in advance:)

Congrats on your interview. I am currently going through the same process of getting my residency in the US. It is so ridiculous that we have to go through all this when we're only a few hours drive away:(

I read your post and just sent a request for a copy of my long form birth certificate. Do i need one for my husband (a my sponsor?) Does it require a guarantors signature from Canada, or can it be a guarantor from the US?

Thanks in advance:)

Thanks!

I don't think so-as long as he has a birth certificate (if he is the USC) you should be all set. The long form BC is just a Canadian/British issue.

Good luck to you!!

06/25/12-2 Year Green Card Approved

05/13/14-Mailed ROC

05/15/14-NOA Receipt Date

05/19/14-Check posted to account and NOA received in mail

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Figured I'd revive this as I've just started going through the process.

Adjusting from a TN through my USC wife after getting married in October.

Filed Nov 20th concurrent with I-130, 131, 485, and 765.

Got the document for the biometrics appointment on Dec. 5 for a Dec 19th appointment. I walked in Dec 6th and got them done in 20 minutes. Boomshackalacka.

Now the waiting game begins...though I'm pretty sure things are going to be sluggish over Christmas!

The biggest pain was the Birth Certificate (from the QC). Translated the "short one", but in the meantime got the "long one" from the Communist Regime de La Langue Francaise or whatever so that if I get sent an RFE for the long form I can send that one in too...which was also sent to me in French. Vive la langue francaise indeed...

Edited by tittysprinkles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.