SammyH

Notarizing Documents for W-7 Form in Jamaica

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJ members:

I currently in the process of filing a W-7 Form to get my spouse an ITIN. I need to get my spouse's passport notarized in Jamaica. Has anyone gone through this situation? I read that a regular public notary will not suffice. Does the passport office in Montego Bay or Kingston provide this service? Also, does anyone know if the Embassy in Jamaica provide this service?

For members in other countries, if you have gone through a similar experience your help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Sam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes google the US embassy in Jamaica under services they list notary services to the general public at $50 take her original passport they will make a copy of the data page and notarize it. You have to call they only provide this service by appointment only.

Good luck,

Timeline

Hello VJ members:

I currently in the process of filing a W-7 Form to get my spouse an ITIN. I need to get my spouse's passport notarized in Jamaica. Has anyone gone through this situation? I read that a regular public notary will not suffice. Does the passport office in Montego Bay or Kingston provide this service? Also, does anyone know if the Embassy in Jamaica provide this service?

For members in other countries, if you have gone through a similar experience your help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Sam

Hey Sam,

I actually used the same form to file joint taxes this year with hubby. I was given two options:

1. Go to the embassy in Kingston and have the Bio page notarized or;

2. Send the original passport to the IRS.

I choose to send the passport with the W7 form and prepared taxes to IRS. Kingston was way to far from us and I took my chances. It actually went smooth. I was sent back my husband's passport within days of sending it in and the ITIN number came two days after that.

Hope this helps.

RNM

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Timeline

Yes google the US embassy in Jamaica under services they list notary services to the general public at $50 take her original passport they will make a copy of the data page and notarize it. You have to call they only provide this service by appointment only.

Good luck,

Thank you for your help

Timeline

:unsure:

Hey Sam,

I actually used the same form to file joint taxes this year with hubby. I was given two options:

1. Go to the embassy in Kingston and have the Bio page notarized or;

2. Send the original passport to the IRS.

I choose to send the passport with the W7 form and prepared taxes to IRS. Kingston was way to far from us and I took my chances. It actually went smooth. I was sent back my husband's passport within days of sending it in and the ITIN number came two days after that.

Hope this helps.

RNM

I was trying to get his national ID and mail that and his birth certificate to the IRS. He applied for his ID in March and still didn't get it. So I'm going to have him get the passport notarized. I'm a little afraid to mail his passport. :unsure:

Thank you, this really helped.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello im like your step my husband lives i usa and im waitinf for f2a visa my husband apply for my ITIN but he notorized my passport in us im in my original country

im waiting for my ITIN my husband joined me in his tax of 2011 if u can tel me what will happen in tax of 2012 he will pay normaly ?

• 7 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys.. just want to share..i know this is an old post but this might be able to help someone else who is filing W-7 form for their spouse,,,

I call the passport office in Jamaica and ask them if they Notorize the Passport biographic page and they said yes,,i just need to take a copy of the biographic page along with the passport and they will do it for me,,no cost,,but when you get there you have to write a letter telling them why you need it,,i sat and wait 20 minute,,and got my Notorize copy..Thank God.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.