katbabygurl

How long does this take

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting to hear from Montreal, feels like I've been waiting forever, didn't think it would take this long to hear from them.

Got the forms I could and filled them out and ready to send. Wish I would hear from them already, didn't think it would take this long :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We didn't heard anything until about 3-4 weeks after the NVC forwarded our case to my local consulate (Vancouver). Be patient, it should show up soon. :) If not, give them an email. I'm not sure how Montreal operates, but Vancouver was kind enough to send me my letter through email (and then I recieved it in the mail two days later, hah).

K-1 Visa 248 Days
Filed: 2011-10-24... Interview: 2012-06-21... Visa Received: 2012-06-27

Adjustment of Status 84 Days

Filed: 2012-11-15... EAD Received: 2013-01-26... Interview: 2013-02-06

Removal of Conditions 166 Days

Filed: 2014-11-10... Card Production: 2015-04-16... Card Received: 2015-04-24

Naturalization 72 Days

Filed: 2024-01-02... Interview: 2024-02-27...Oath Ceremony: 2024-03-15

What are you waiting on, exactly? (hard to say, since you don't have a timeline filled out).

If you're waiting to receive the P3 letter, many people never get it. Mine arrived a few weeks *after* the P4 letter did.

Check out the pinned topic that is the guide for K1s in Montreal. Use the information there to call DOS and find out if P3 has been sent. If it has, whether you've received it or not, you are ready to move forward.

If you've called DOS already but you're still waiting, be patient a little longer. Mine took 20 days -- I think 3 weeks to a month is about average lately, so it should be soon.

Hope that helps.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

You should have called DOS and found out if Montreal has it and if they mailed P3.

P3 is online and you download it and mail it in because Montreal is horrible about sending it if they even really do send it.

You should not have been waiting so long, take action.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

What are you waiting on, exactly? (hard to say, since you don't have a timeline filled out).

If you're waiting to receive the P3 letter, many people never get it. Mine arrived a few weeks *after* the P4 letter did.

Check out the pinned topic that is the guide for K1s in Montreal. Use the information there to call DOS and find out if P3 has been sent. If it has, whether you've received it or not, you are ready to move forward.

If you've called DOS already but you're still waiting, be patient a little longer. Mine took 20 days -- I think 3 weeks to a month is about average lately, so it should be soon.

Hope that helps.

I'm sorry but what is DOS? you all use short forms and I don't know what it stands for, and where do I find the number to contact the "DOS"

I sent a e-mail to Montreal and got a standard e-mail back not telling me anything.

We got the Notice of Action and it as approved

I did call the NVC and they said it was sent on to Montreal on May 14th 2012 and gave me a new case number

that is where I am at, I understood I would be getting a P3 from Montreal with in a few weeks

it has been 3 weeks and I've heard/got nothing as of yet.

Timeline

I'm sorry but what is DOS? you all use short forms and I don't know what it stands for, and where do I find the number to contact the "DOS"

I sent a e-mail to Montreal and got a standard e-mail back not telling me anything.

We got the Notice of Action and it as approved

I did call the NVC and they said it was sent on to Montreal on May 14th 2012 and gave me a new case number

that is where I am at, I understood I would be getting a P3 from Montreal with in a few weeks

it has been 3 weeks and I've heard/got nothing as of yet.

I responded on your other post. Either you didn't read it or you read it and did not do what was told to do. http://www.visajourn...45#entry5370845

I gave the full list of actions you needed to do and had you followed it you would have likely already had an interview date by now.

I told you that you would be waiting for no reason from Montreal because they are NOT reliable with P3 at all and that you have to be proactive and do all this part yourself.

http://www.visajourn...e-for-montreal/

DOS is department of state and you can find their number for visa services on their website in the contacts section. Call them and find out if Montreal has the packet and if they have mailed out P3 yet. Then go and download the P3 from the US embassy website and get to work quickly doing the forms and getting the evidence and send it to them.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Go to the top of the Canada forum and see the "Canada Immigration & K1 Guide for Montreal" thread. Or use this link to it.

You're at step 3, DOS (Department of State). All the information you need is right there -- the phone number, what to ask, and what to do next.

The Montreal Guide is fantastic. Use it. Make it your best friend. It will give you all you require to get through this process.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

I responded on your other post. Either you didn't read it or you read it and did not do what was told to do. http://www.visajourn...45#entry5370845

I gave the full list of actions you needed to do and had you followed it you would have likely already had an interview date by now.

I told you that you would be waiting for no reason from Montreal because they are NOT reliable with P3 at all and that you have to be proactive and do all this part yourself.

http://www.visajourn...e-for-montreal/

DOS is department of state and you can find their number for visa services on their website in the contacts section. Call them and find out if Montreal has the packet and if they have mailed out P3 yet. Then go and download the P3 from the US embassy website and get to work quickly doing the forms and getting the evidence and send it to them.

I got all the forms you said to get and have filled them out, I'm sorry I didn't know I could go ahead and send them in without getting the p3 first. I just called the DOS and they said that Montreal has received my case but it has not been processed yet. So your saying just to send it to them anyway and not to wait, I just don't want to mess anything up..... I do appreciate your help, I truly do, thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.