olfen

What happened with the CSC dates? My I-360 regressed over a year!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I was lucky enough to find this website. You guys seem so nice around here and I thought y'all might be able to help me.

So my I-360 was forwarded to the CSC from the Texas Service Center August 9, 2006. Everything was going fine untill I looked today and the California processing dates for I-360 petition had regressed over a year! From March 7, 2006 to January 7, 2005! I just don't understand what is going on. I was getting so close to my April 13, 2006 date and now it jumps to January 2005. Also, does anybody know if the projected time of six to eight months to get a decision really is true? I am getting so discouraged about this maze which is the USCIS...

This is what appears on the top of the CSC processing dates page. Do you think the sentance I have in bold explains anything about the regression?

Notice: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has improved the reporting procedure for processing times of immigration benefit applications. In the past, USCIS benefit processing reports indicated the specific type of applications or petitions that were being processed and the date the cases were received. However, the date the case was received did not provide a clear indication of when USCIS expected to complete the case, nor did it provide a clear indication of USCIS’ commitment to process cases within a certain cycle time. It also did not align with the processing times and cycle times the agency reports in other contexts.

This improved reporting procedure is an effort to give our customers more accurate information that better reflects current processing time and USCIS service level commitments. Effective immediately, when we are completing applications and petitions within our service level goals we will report that as the processing time. For example, when our service level goal is to process a particular kind of case within six months, and if our processing time is six months or less, we will show a date consistent with our service level goal because that reflects our commitment.

When we are not meeting our service level goal, the date posted will reflect the filing date of cases that are being completed. It should be noted that while in some instances reported processing dates may appear to have regressed due to this change, they do not reflect a lengthening of USCIS processing times, but simply the change in reporting. Our goal is to provide accurate projections and thus give customers clear expectations as to what they can expect as a processing time.

Thank you so much for reading this. I know it was terribly long but I'd appriciate any input from anybody... I'm so worried that this will never go through for me. Thanks again

Mandy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you should make an Infopass appointment and ask them - sometimes thay just post the wrong dates by mistake.

08/24/2005 - Arrived in the U.S. as an F-1 student.

01/25/2006 - Married my LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***AOS***

08/29/2006 - Medical

09/13/2006 - Package sent to Chicago

09/15/2006 - Package received in Chicago

09/23/2006 - Checks cashed

09/25/2006 - NOA for I-130, AOS and EAD

09/26/2006 - All forms touched

10/05/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched

10/10/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched again

10/10/2006 - RFE for AOS (email). Grrr...

10/11/2006 - RFE received. It's for I-864...

.png

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I was lucky enough to find this website. You guys seem so nice around here and I thought y'all might be able to help me.

So my I-360 was forwarded to the CSC from the Texas Service Center August 9, 2006. Everything was going fine untill I looked today and the California processing dates for I-360 petition had regressed over a year! From March 7, 2006 to January 7, 2005! I just don't understand what is going on. I was getting so close to my April 13, 2006 date and now it jumps to January 2005. Also, does anybody know if the projected time of six to eight months to get a decision really is true? I am getting so discouraged about this maze which is the USCIS...

This is what appears on the top of the CSC processing dates page. Do you think the sentance I have in bold explains anything about the regression?

Notice: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has improved the reporting procedure for processing times of immigration benefit applications. In the past, USCIS benefit processing reports indicated the specific type of applications or petitions that were being processed and the date the cases were received. However, the date the case was received did not provide a clear indication of when USCIS expected to complete the case, nor did it provide a clear indication of USCIS’ commitment to process cases within a certain cycle time. It also did not align with the processing times and cycle times the agency reports in other contexts.

This improved reporting procedure is an effort to give our customers more accurate information that better reflects current processing time and USCIS service level commitments. Effective immediately, when we are completing applications and petitions within our service level goals we will report that as the processing time. For example, when our service level goal is to process a particular kind of case within six months, and if our processing time is six months or less, we will show a date consistent with our service level goal because that reflects our commitment.

When we are not meeting our service level goal, the date posted will reflect the filing date of cases that are being completed. It should be noted that while in some instances reported processing dates may appear to have regressed due to this change, they do not reflect a lengthening of USCIS processing times, but simply the change in reporting. Our goal is to provide accurate projections and thus give customers clear expectations as to what they can expect as a processing time.

Thank you so much for reading this. I know it was terribly long but I'd appriciate any input from anybody... I'm so worried that this will never go through for me. Thanks again

Mandy

I can't offer any better explanation than the one you posted, but I could suggest that since the I-360 is used for a range of appliant types, it might help shed light if someone were to know if you are a widower, special immigrant, relligious worker, Amerasian, Panamanian, Military or Self=Petitioning Spouse.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• 2 weeks later...

:unsure:elfon:

I am in the same boat. I filed mine in VSC and I read in web page that all the I-360 incuding R visa is now being transfered to CSC. But I never recevied any transfer notice. Elfon did you receive transfer notice when your case was transfered from TSC to CSC? I know that it has regressed awfully long. Did you have any luck with Infopass. I thougth Infopass is to go and met with an immigration officer in person. Please let me know if you have any answer.

I will also inform if i get any info. My attorney is also trying to find answer in their conference.

I hope to hear from you or from any one who may have any info.

:unsure:elfon:

I am in the same boat. I filed mine in VSC and I read in web page that all the I-360 incuding R visa is now being transfered to CSC. But I never recevied any transfer notice. Elfon did you receive transfer notice when your case was transfered from TSC to CSC? I know that it has regressed awfully long. Did you have any luck with Infopass. I thougth Infopass is to go and met with an immigration officer in person. Please let me know if you have any answer.

I will also inform if i get any info. My attorney is also trying to find answer in their conference.

I hope to hear from you or from any one who may have any info.

My situation is the same and I also waiting for someone to know more. My lawyer is also trying to find more details and as soon as I get more information I will let you know.

I haven't gotten an infopass appointment as of yet because I was in San Antonio *shopping*! Woot!

pintukumar, I did recieve an email notice that my I-360 Petition was sent and received at CSC. I didn't receive anything in the mail. The processing dates were updated on Oct 12 so they should be updating them again soon. Maybe that will shed some light on the situation. Anyway, feel free to write to me at bianca_k7@yahoo.com. I am open to any ideas as to why this happened. I will call USCIS on Monday and I'll post what they said.

Good News,

CSC has uploaded new dates and I-360 is showing Feb 01 2006. Thank God.

But I still have question: As you said your case was also t/t CSC, in my original date of receiving my file in TSC was March 14 but since all transfer took place, the new date they are showing is Aug 30. Do you know which date I should consider? Still did not recieve the transfer paper.

Edited by pintukumar

Good News,

CSC has uploaded new dates and I-360 is showing Feb 01 2006. Thank God.

But I still have question: As you said your case was also t/t CSC, in my original date of receiving my file in TSC was March 14 but since all transfer took place, the new date they are showing is Aug 30. Do you know which date I should consider? Still did not recieve the transfer paper.

Hi Pintukmar,

Hmm... The dates have changed? Could you send me the link where you seen that because I looked a few minutes ago and they still said Jan 7, 2005. Maybe I missed something.

Here is what they sent me about the CSC transfer thing.

"On August 9, 2006, your I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

I'm not sure but I'm certainly hoping that they use the original dates. I doubt they would give you any decent information on the phone. I also haven't received any transfer paper... Only the email. I'll let ya'll know if anything good happens.

BTW, I tried to call and get someone on the phone to answer my questions BUT I was on hold and I was unable to get anyone on the other line. It seems like such a large gov't agency could afford a few more employees. Argh...

B

Pintukumar:

Your date will be March not August. USCIS receipt number and your receipt date will remain the same even if it got transfer. All these transfers are all internal arrangement. I am sure will get your approval pretty soon.

As for me I filed in VSC and I read the memo in the internet that all the I 360s are now transfered to CSC but I did not receive any notice even in the email. Are there any one like me. Please let me know if you have any info. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.