evelyn1140

When to appy to social security ?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband just got here yesterday. I don't know if he is able to apply for social security yet or he has to wait? if he does how long?

P.S. in his ds-230 we wanted the social security to be send

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To early. Need to wait and see if it comes in the mail.

Usually have to wait 2 weeks to go apply for it at the office after entry. ( for K-1 applicants or if you are spousal and want your SSN faster )

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

To early. Need to wait and see if it comes in the mail.

Usually have to wait 2 weeks to go apply for it at the office after entry. ( for K-1 applicants or if you are spousal and want your SSN faster )

Thanks, I will wait then :)

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

My husband just got here yesterday. I don't know if he is able to apply for social security yet or he has to wait? if he does how long?

P.S. in his ds-230 we wanted the social security to be send

Hey Congrats!!!!

Even though u applied in his DS-230 most of the times they are not sending it in mail. I did that too but i did not received it.

just give it at least a month then go to the one of social security office and apply one for him.

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

AND IF YOU do go, most of the time the people there will think you must wait for the green card first which isnt true! I went 3 times to explain it to them to no avail!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

AND IF YOU do go, most of the time the people there will think you must wait for the green card first which isnt true! I went 3 times to explain it to them to no avail!

what I thought with visa and his passport he was able to apply.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Yea, but those people there get people with a K-1 visa not very often and are not fmailiar at all. I even printed up one of their own plicies regarding it and still they argued they were i the right. It has been a topic here on VJ before....maybe search for it with social security card and K-1 visa or somehting like that....if I have time later, Ill try to look for it for you!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea, but those people there get people with a K-1 visa not very often and are not fmailiar at all. I even printed up one of their own plicies regarding it and still they argued they were i the right. It has been a topic here on VJ before....maybe search for it with social security card and K-1 visa or somehting like that....if I have time later, Ill try to look for it for you!

Why? the OP is entering on a spousal visa not a K-1 and you are confusing them with information that has nothing to do with their issue.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

He got a CR-1 visa, not a K-1

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.