H&V

319(a) filers at Nebraska

3 posts in this topic

Back in February I emailed the Nebraska office to check whether I should send my N400 application there when the time comes. I am a military spouse but will be filing under 319(a) i.e. I am NOT filing for an expedite under 319(b). They said yes, so I will (although I'm still a little worried as I have searched on here and some people have said only to file at Nebraska for expedites, however member ingucis78 did so, but I believe they were active duty whereas we are reserve....)

My question is this: what proof do I send (if any?) of why I'm filing there? I figure I could send copies of our military ID cards, state why in a cover letter (if they ever read those?!) and maybe even include a print out of the email they sent? I notice the N400 form asks nothing about military or if you a filing expedite or not (or is that what Part 2, Box D is for?)

I think my case is simple and I am probably just making myself more confused the more I read. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You would send it to NSC regardless of if it is military expedite or not.

I think your making it harder than it needs to be, you can include that extra stuff if you want.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had included a copy of my husbands orders, but I am applying to do the interview/oath overseas so had used it as evidence. It is illegal to make copies of military id cards fyi. I would state in your cover letter. Often times there will be evidence on birth certificates of the parents jobs or on tax transcripts. Good luck, hope it goes smoothly and quickly for you.

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.