Deep in Love

K1-VISA (AFghanistan)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all,

First of all I have posted this in general posting area, however, I was sugested by nice VJ member to post this in specific to the beneficiary's country. I hope someone here has been in this stage of the process that I am in and can kindly guide me through.

I am new here. It seems like it is a very usfual and helpful site. I just wanted to tell you guys a little about me. I am petitioning K1-visa for my fiancee. I am a US citizen and my fiancee is an Afghan national. I didn't know about this site, but it seems like I had done things correctly becuase my I-129F was approved with no RFE. Right now I am waiting for the embassy to contact us. Has anyone have any idea what to do and what to expect. Thank you all.

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We are at the same stage as you in Kabul. Have your fiance' make a medical appointment asap. This is what the Embassy told us. We have not received our packet yet and they told us that the interviews for May are filled. I am anticipating a interview date set for either june or july. Our petition has been at the Embassy for a couple months now. So, be patient and email them if you have questions. They have been pretty good about answering me back. I am still unsure about what to expect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We are at the same stage as you in Kabul. Have your fiance' make a medical appointment asap. This is what the Embassy told us. We have not received our packet yet and they told us that the interviews for May are filled. I am anticipating a interview date set for either june or july. Our petition has been at the Embassy for a couple months now. So, be patient and email them if you have questions. They have been pretty good about answering me back. I am still unsure about what to expect.

Thanks. My petition has been at the embassy for one month now. I just emailed them. You have been waiting for 2 months and you have not received your package yet? Wow, why is it taking so long? They are interviewing those petitions that maybe approved in March, I guess? This means mine will not be sometimes sooner than end of July? This is not very good. Please let me know of any updates. Thank You and good luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.