Mr. S

What forms do we need to fill out? NEW & confused here!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks,

I would like to start the paperwork for my green card. I'm a german citizen and my wife is a born US citizen. We got married 2008 in the US but have been living in Germany all this time since we're both working for the US armed forces. However, we are thinking about moving to the states within the next few years and decided that it would be good to start researching and getting everything ready in order for me to live in the US. We really don't have any idea of what we need to do and when we called the US embassy in Germany they did not help us out a lot and the person I spoke to had a bit of an attitude. I would really appreciate it if anybody out there could give me the exact information I need. Which forms do I (we) need to fill out, how long does the process take, how much does it cost, etc.

I tried finding the information on this website but I just ended up getting more confused.

Please advise!

Sebastian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can go the I-130 spousal visa rout or the DCF rout. You will want to find out from the German or DCF forum sections as to how long they take for that country because you could be finished very quickly

When the visa is issued you only have 6 months to use it to enter the USA. Since you wont be moving for " the next few years " you will want to time it right.

Here is a step by step guide to look over for the Spousal visa package http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

thanks for the information. the guide is really helpful.

I'm assuming going on a vacation in the US doesn't count for the 6 months. I would actually have to move there permanently?

What happens if I don't move within the 6 months? Do you know?

I was also playing with the thought of joining the military once I obtain the green card. Do you know any of that information?

Thanks in advance.

You can go the I-130 spousal visa rout or the DCF rout. You will want to find out from the German or DCF forum sections as to how long they take for that country because you could be finished very quickly

When the visa is issued you only have 6 months to use it to enter the USA. Since you wont be moving for " the next few years " you will want to time it right.

Here is a step by step guide to look over for the Spousal visa package http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for the information. the guide is really helpful.

I'm assuming going on a vacation in the US doesn't count for the 6 months. I would actually have to move there permanently?

What happens if I don't move within the 6 months? Do you know?

I was also playing with the thought of joining the military once I obtain the green card. Do you know any of that information?

Thanks in advance.

If you do not use the visa it expires and you wasted all your money and time. You would have to file all over again.

No 6 month vacation does not count as living in the USA.

If you want to join the military when you have your green card you can, many people do.

There are jobs that GC holders cannot do but there are many jobs GC holders can do.

You will have to go down to the recruitment station for the branch of military you want and sign up there.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.