Dale&Lyn

On the Yellow Brick Road to Happiness

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ’ers

Well we are about to file the K1 pettition once we have the last document necessary.

Here is what I have to file as I understand it – Please correct me as necessary.

K1 application cover letter

I-129

I-129 pages of explanation of long names and addresses that did not fit

G325 for myself with Photos

G325 for Lyn with Photos

My Letter of intent to marry Lyn

Lyn’s letter of intent to marry me

Copy of my Birth Certificate

Copy of all pages of my Passport (Highlight dates in Philippines)

Death Certificate of Lyn’s husband

Copies of all airline tickets and hotel receipts

G-1145 E-Notification form

We are just waiting for the Death Certificate of her previous husband and then she can sign and sent her documents to me. Hope to file by the end of June

Now to the real questions –

Lyn has 2 children that are living with her parents (have been since the death of her previous husband) they are not going to accompany her to the USA. Anything we need to file about that or state about that or?? (Her parents do not want and her kids do not want to leave the Philippines)

Should the documents really be attached with the 2-hole clips to a folder?

Should I include the I-134 now or send to her when everything is approved?

Thanks to VJ and everyone for the help.

Edited by Dale&Lyn

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ'ers

Well we are about to file the K1 pettition once we have the last document necessary.

Here is what I have to file as I understand it – Please correct me as necessary.

K1 application cover letter

I-129

I-129 pages of explanation of long names and addresses that did not fit

G325 for myself with Photos

G325 for Lyn with Photos

My Letter of intent to marry Lyn

Lyn's letter of intent to marry me

Copy of my Birth Certificate

Copy of all pages of my Passport (Highlight dates in Philippines)

Death Certificate of Lyn's husband

Copies of all airline tickets and hotel receipts

G-1145 E-Notification form

We are just waiting for the Death Certificate of her previous husband and then she can sign and sent her documents to me. Hope to file by the end of June

Lyn has 2 children that are living with her parents (have been since the death of her previous husband) they are not going to accompany her to the USA. Anything we need to file about that or state about that or?? (Her parents do not want and her kids do not want to leave the Philippines)

The I-129F does ask for children to be listed. I would list them and maybe attach a letter stating you are not petitioning for them on a K2 as they will not be coming to the USA.

Should the documents really be attached with the 2-hole clips to a folder? NO - I used a heavy duty paperclip, USCIS will take all the documents and insert them into THEIR folders in the order they want them.

Should I include the I-134 now or send to her when everything is approved? NO Do that at the visa application stage

Here is a link to the K1 Guide here on the forum Guide Read through the guide at least twice before sending off the petition. :yes:

I-129F instructions, you probably have this: I-129F

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

Another victim! Oh, well! The I-129F stage for you is almost automatic, as long as you pass the background check, that is to say, you didn't beat your last wife, or haven't been convicted of being a child molester. Just follow the instructions for filing the I-129F here and here, keep it simple, and don't make it complicated. The interview stage in Manila, once your petition is approved, is where the hassles, if any, will occur. Take the time between filing your petition, and when you are approved, to make sure your taxes are in order, can meet the poverty guidelines, and continue to create evidence of a bona fide relationship. For your future wife, she needs to get her records in order, so that she can get the documents required here.

Edited by ☼

Filed: Timeline

If you want to save some money, and not have to go through the hassle of adjusting status once she in the US, go ahead and marry her in the Philippines, and petition for her as your wife, instead of fiancee. The processing times are almost the same, there is no valid reason to do the K-1 visa anymore.

Edited by ☼

you must list the children on the I-129f. by that, you are not petitioning the children. they would just be eligible for a derivitive visa (K-2).

at this point in time, I would not state anything about the present plan of the children remaining in the Philippines.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.