Bad_Daddy

Nancy Pelosi Defends Dems Rev. Wright Fundraising Appeal

2 posts in this topic

pelosi.jpg

http://gma.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-defends-dems-rev-wright-fundraising-appeal-124744006--abc-news-politics.html

By George Stephanopoulos | ABC OTUS News – Sun, May 20, 2012 8:47 AM EDT

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi defended the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on "This Week" for sending a fundraising email that attempted to capitalize on the apparently dead advertising plan to link President Obama to Rev. Jeremiah Wright. The plan has been repudiated by Mitt Romney as well as the head of the super PAC reported to have been considering backing the plan.

"Why would we have any regrets?" asked Pelosi, dismissing Romney's rejection of the proposed advertising campaign.

During our interview, Pelosi cited a previous attack by Romney on President Obama using Wright in which the former Bay State governor said "I'm not sure which is worse: him listening to Rev. Wright or him saying we must be a less-Christian nation" during an interview with Sean Hannity.

When asked about these comments in light of the current controversy, Romney stood by them even as he admitted he could not recall exactly what he said.

"He has, he stood by his remarks in February. So I think maybe it might be useful to see what he said in February and see that he stands by those remarks," Pelosi said.

For his part, House Speaker John Boehner called the DCCC email "nonsense" before quickly stressing that this year's election will be about the economy.

"This kind of nonsense shouldn't happen. The election's gonna be about the economy and getting Americans back to work. And I think Governor Romney's prescriptions are much better," he said.

Pelosi joined her House colleague in agreement on this front.

"The election is about three things: jobs, jobs and jobs," she said.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

http://news.yahoo.com/george-slams-york-times-joe-ricketts-story-171253944--abc-news-politics.html

George Will Slams New York Times for Joe Ricketts Story

By George Stephanopoulos | ABC OTUS News – Sun, May 20, 2012

ABC News' George Will this morning slammed The New York Times for its story this week outlining a proposed advertising campaign to link Rev. Jeremiah Wright and President Obama.

Will argued on the "This Week" roundtable that the story did not accurately reflect the actions of Joe Ricketts - the founder of TD Ameritrade and the head of the super PAC that The New York Times' article alleged was considering backing a plan to raise the ties between President Obama and his former pastor. After the story was published, Ricketts rejected the plan outright.

"Joe Ricketts didn't end up repudiating it (the plan). He repudiated it the instant he saw it," Will said. "He asked through some of his people for someone to produce a plan, but what they got was a plan that ignored what he's interested in and went after Reverend Wright and all this other stuff. Ricketts took one look at it and said 'no.'"

"Now, The New York Times - that didn't fit their narrative, 'billionaire behaving responsibly,'" Will added. "So they said 'he's studying it, they have commissioned this.' They've neglected the whole fact which was that this is a small story with a nice ending, which is a responsible affluent man said no."

Radio host Laura Ingraham agreed, and offered that this controversy may hint at things to come this election year.

"This to me was a shot across the bow that if you are a wealthy … If you are a wealthy, wealthy person in the United States, you happen to be conservative, you're going to get involved in this election, then we are going to watch everything that you do, and you sort of step over the line, you talk about past associations with President Obama, anything like that, we will try to destroy you," Ingraham said. "The idea that he (Ricketts) was considering it was a total false narrative put forward by The New York Times to send a message to other people, don't you dare get involved in this election, in any type of, quote, 'controversial' way."

For his part, California Lieutenant Governor and Current TV host Gavin Newsom defended The New York Times, suggesting that there may be "gray area" between what The New York Times reported and Will's version of events.

"I'm not convinced that this wasn't further along," he said.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."