---

P.O BOX&physical address for k-1 visa! Please help!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and I are planning to file for the K-1 Visa in the upcoming Summer months after I come to see him for an additional longer visit. The problem is that his village in Morocco has no postman to deliver mail at the moment therefore it is obviously difficult to receive mail. The upside of the situation is that he interns with his uncle's company and they have a company P.O box that he could use to receive mail with in the future. I have asked a question similar to this before but would like more input on the issue.

My questions are:

1.) Is it acceptable to use a P.O box number on the K-1 forms to receive correspondence from the USCIS? Is it acceptable to use this company P.O box?

2.) Where would should we let the reader of our package know the mailing address is different from the physical address? (cover letter?)

3.) Should we attach a separate sheet in our package elaborating on why the mailing address is different from the physical address (Common sense tells me yes, lol)

4.) Where should we put the P.O box number on the k-1 forms and where should we specifically put the physical mailing address?

Thank you for any and all feedback!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The address is used not just to forward mail but to do physical checks if the applicant is placed on AP. I recommend you read the K-1 application instructions to see what is acceptable. Never met anyone that applied with a PO Box but call USCIS and ask. Also, it is up to you to explain anything that may generate an RFE or worse cause the petition to be returned or rejected. I explained everything that could be questioned in the cover letter and numbered all the attachments plus I referenced each enclosure in the cover letter.

What address is on his ID it has to match where the packet is going otherwise he will not get the notifications. I have travelled to Morocco 5 times and have yet to see small towns or villages not have a cyber cafe, western union or a post office and mail in Morocco is slow as molasses. They may also drop off a notice at any rural area and he must go to the designated post office to get the mail piece. In our case my husband was told to report to Rabat with his ID.

Lastly, I got notified about the entire process via email not courier mail.

Good luck,

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your input. I have went over the instructions many times, as my fiance has as well, but no luck in learning anything about the p.o box issue so I will call the USCIS and see what is preferred.

I am thinking including it in the cover letter and putting an additional explanation in the packet will be acceptable and just putting his physical address in where it's needed to avoid any confusion or rejection.

Edited by Margaret n Ahmed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been driving cross-country all day but I did get a chance to review of the form. Item 15 is where you give your fiancé's address abroad and it is asking for the physical address so provide that as required. In the instructions it states if you need additional space to add a continuation sheet. This would be a blank paper stating, "continuation page for form I-129F, item 15, the following information is provided: add the mailing address, reason for PO Box use: blank city does not have mail courier service available. Please forward all mail correspondence to said PO Box address."

The address is an extension of the petition add the continuation page. I did this as well except for a separate item number.

Good luck,

Hi there. My partner and I had a similar question. He has a PO box and does not receive mail at his physical address as it is a rural property and the mail box is down a very long driveway, not particularly secure for receiving important paperwork etc. He phoned the USCIS customer service line and explained the situation. The lady he spoke to was very helpful, she told him not to worry so much, simply write a supplement to that question explaining why you have the two different addresses. We lodged our I 129F and received our NOA1 a week later, by email and by post at his PO Box.

Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.