Funny how for some the process is pushed through

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It's great to be a celebrity

Madonna adopts baby boy from Malawi

Sent I130 September 23, 2004

Approved January 5, 2005

Interview date July 21, 2005

Told to pick up visa October 2005, but no visa issued.

Case went missing for six months - from October 2005 through April 2006

Emailed Embassy constantly, sent letter directly to director of Embassy by fax and snail mail

Response received April 2006 from Director - full of inaccuracies, but placed my husband's name on list to enter Embassy.

Husband entered Embassy in late April - told case worker working on our case quit, they were short staffed so no one touched our case; told to return in July 2006 to pick up visa.

July 2006 - no visa issued still, told case went to US for secondary approval.

August 2006 - US said case was approved in January 2005 and they did not have it.

September, October, November and December 2006, Embassy kept insisting they did not have our case. I emailed EVERY day until finally, response said my husband was called on the phone to pick the visa up six months earlier. My husband has NEVER been called on the phone by the Embassy.

Told to come pick up visa January 19 - said the "Ghanaians who print the visas didn't print them"

Changed date on blue slip and told to come back. Finally received the visa February 2, 2007.

THANK GOD!

Arriving in USA very very soon and I can't wait!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
:blink: Yeah money and fame can get you whatever one wants..must be nice not to be able to go thru the hardships that the rest of us have to endure!!!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.