Commonhero

Won't Let us Pay Fee at Citibank

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

MY fiance lives in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

We have our appointment next week and my Fiance went to pay the Citibank fee for our K1 they, said now we have to have a boleto from the consulate website. However we could not find the form!

We even went to the new site that they are using to schedule and process visa applications, however there is no option for a K1 it says that only non-immigrant visas can be handled through the site. And it says you need a ds-160 and to schedule an appointment and etc. Has anyone else had this issue? what did you do? I am so confused!

We got our packet the first week of April. And there is nothing about this.

Edited by Commonhero

Timeline

Not sure how to delte this post but I got ans answer for anyone else looking:

So we got our packet in April before the system change and were given our appointment date in may next week (say prayers). I emailed the consulate after this frantic post and got an email with this reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The visa fee for fiancée cases can be paid at the Consulate at the interview day. The visa fee is US$240.00 which can be paid in American dollars or the equivalent in reais or by international credit card.

Sincerely,

Cara Solicitante,

O pagamento da taxa de visto de noivo(a) no valor de US$240.00 está sendo efetuado no caixa do Consulado no dia da entrevista.

O pagamento pode ser efetuado em espécie em dólares ou o equivalente em reais ou por cartão de crédito internacional.

Não é necessário boleto bancário.

Atenciosamente

Immigrant Visa Unit

United States Consulate General

Rio de Janeiro - RJ -Brazil

ajl

To be sure I would send your own email to have as proof, that this is what you were told. Good Luck all and keep Us in your thoughts MAy 22!

Timeline

MY fiance lives in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

We have our appointment next week and my Fiance went to pay the Citibank fee for our K1 they, said now we have to have a boleto from the consulate website. However we could not find the form!

We even went to the new site that they are using to schedule and process visa applications, however there is no option for a K1 it says that only non-immigrant visas can be handled through the site. And it says you need a ds-160 and to schedule an appointment and etc. Has anyone else had this issue? what did you do? I am so confused!

We got our packet the first week of April. And there is nothing about this.

she can pay the fee in the consulate in rio on the day of her interview.

K1
10/04/2011 - I-129F sent [/font]
10/06/2011 - I-129F received at USCIS/Dallas and routed to Vermont
10/12/2011 - NOA1 email and text message + check cashed. (NOA1 hardcopy date is Oct 11)
12/20/2011 - She went to the US with a tourist visa to spend 2 weeks with him
01/27/2012 - NOA2 (hard copy came in the mail on Feb 1 + text message, email and website update)
02/13/2012 - SENT EMAIL TO RIO DE JANEIRO CONSULATE TO GET INTERVIEW DATE
04/03/2012 - INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO - APPROVED
04/10/2012 - Passport with visa + sealed envelope received [/color]
08/27/2012 - POE Atlanta
09/01/2012 - Married!

AOS
09/25/2012 - AOS + EAD + AP sent
09/27/2012 - AOS package received in Chicago
10/02/2012 - Text messages + email received with 3 case numbers showing NOA for EAD + AP Sep 28/ NOA I-485 Oct 1
10/03/2012 - Check cashed $1,070.00
12/07/2012 - EAD + Travel Permit combo card

07/22/2013 - GC approved

07/25/2013 - GC in production

07/29/2013 - GC received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

05/14/2015 - Package sent

05/18/2015 - Package received in Vermont

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.