Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

File Number A on G-325A form

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the 'File Number A' and 'Alien Registration Number' on the G-325A form? Are they the same number?

I was issued an EAD card with 'A number' on it as a student on the OPT program, but this EAD card had expired already.

So i am wondering if i can still use the 'A number' on my expired EAD card for the 'File Number A' on the G-325A form?


P.S. i am married to my wife who is U.S. citizen while travelling here.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No , they will give you a new alien registration number.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, but how about the 'A Number' on the expired EAD card. Can i still use the 'A Number' on the expired EAD card for the 'File Number A' on the G-325A Form?

Yes, use the A# on your EAD on the G-325a. This will assist USCIS in locating your previous immigration records.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.