faeleigh36

How do we begin?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a Canadian living in Canada, I have been with my fiance for almost 5 years, he is American living in the United States. We are not married yet, and were wondering what would happen if we got married this summer. I will be going there in a few weeks, and will be returning home prior to the start of the school year in September. We are both students, and I am planning on finishing school in Canada. If we got married and began the process of the CR-1 (as we have not been married 2 years) will I be allowed to visit him at any point before the whole process is completed? What kind of money does he need to be making? He is a graduate student, he is working at the university, but I don't know if that is enough. I have been trying to find resources on what the heck to do over the past 2 years, thank goodness I found this place. Any help you guys can give us would be much appreciated!

Poverty guidelines

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

You can get a co-sponsor if needed but that is link to form.

You can start organizing proof of relationship. Photos, letters. Bank account. Property. Phone call logs, etc. you will need all these to prove the relationship.

Edited by Bule&Cantik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.