luvwtrNamy

IR2 Next steps after NOA@

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi All

I haven't gotten our NOA2 but I want to be prepared with what to submit. I don't remember submitting anything anything until our interview after getting the NOA 2 for our K1 visa but I keep seeing people saying that they had stuff ready for NVC. What is this "stuff" that needs to be ready to be sent to the NVC after we receive the NOA2 for my step daughter? The wait has already been too long and I don't want to prolong it because I waited to get our packet. What should I be prepared to send off so that we get through the NVC quickly and on to the interview in Santo Domingo?

Thanks for any help! Keeping you all in my thoughts as we all go through this wait in bringing our loved ones to be with us forever.

Edited by luvwtrNamy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

We just ended our journey for my son, who came to US on a IR2 visa.

We first submitted the initial paper work, forms, evidence of relationship etc, as I guess you've already done.

One thing I must say is that, most of our communication with NVC was through email, which worked fine and the website is also pretty straight forward with the instruction for the next steps.

Here is the link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/nvc/nvc_1335.html

You should pay the applicable fees for your case. Then, they will contact you and ask to submit the Affidavit of Support and later the Biographic data forms and other documents.

These can be filled out and prepared in advance by you, and it is a good idea to take a look and see if you need more time to collect all the information you need to fill out the forms.

In our experience the I-130 for a minor child was very easy and smooth, not so much paper work, pretty straight forward.

After 3 weeks of his arrival in US he received his 10 years green card in the mail! :thumbs:

Best!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Thanks for the info. It's interesting because i didn't show the support documents until we were at the interview for my fiance who is of course now my husband. Also, we paid the $230 at the interview as well. The NVC weblink you sent says NVC collects that fee for the embassies andd uses the word "if" requested. Does that mean it's a possibility that they might not ask for the supportdocument until the interview and that the fee if paid at the NVC would not have to be paid again at interview? Oh and who did they send the packet to with all the instructions and medical info?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.