john&lindsey

Sending off the K1 packet 3

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks again to all who read these and try to help us on this journey… I am so very thankful for you all! So……. My next question is I sent off our Packet 3.. all the forms that were required… but we also mailed the 2001 form that stated we are ready for out interview. We attached the cover letter and stated the date of the medical. Will they accept this with the other forms or does it need to be mailed separately once they have the other forms? I just want to make sure we are in "line" for an interview soon. My fiance just did his medical in London this Tuesday so I know the Embassy will be waiting for the results. I just don't want to delay the interview if possible. Thanks again y'all :)

Oh.. another question when my fiance did his medical they told him he iwll need 2 shots for his AOS and told him to go to his doctor and get them for free back in Scotland. So….. since he didn't get them at the approved physician will he have to re-do his medical when applying for his AOS? The knightsbridge doctors told him to take the letter from his physian to the interview showing the shots were given to him. Any advise on what this means would be grateful! Thanks :)

These questions would be better asked in the UK forum.

My next question is I sent off our Packet 3.. all the forms that were required… but we also mailed the 2001 form that stated we are ready for out interview. We attached the cover letter and stated the date of the medical. Will they accept this with the other forms or does it need to be mailed separately once they have the other forms?

Yes

Oh.. another question when my fiance did his medical they told him he iwll need 2 shots for his AOS and told him to go to his doctor and get them for free back in Scotland. So….. since he didn't get them at the approved physician will he have to re-do his medical when applying for his AOS? The knightsbridge doctors told him to take the letter from his physian to the interview showing the shots were given to him. Any advise on what this means would be grateful! Thanks :)

What the Knightsbridge doctors said is ridiculous or he misunderstood. They don't look at other shot records at the interview. They only check the report from Knightsbridge. He could get a visa with zero shots so shots aren't an issue at his London interview.

Shots ARE an issue when he applies for AOS. I'm not going to write all the scenarios right here because I have a thousand times before. If you will find out exactly what he has recorded on his immunization page from the medical, then I'll narrow it down to his case. Looking for what is written by the lines (dates or words) and what box is checked to the right if any:

MMR

Tdap or Td

Varicella

Influenza

What is ticked under results?

Is the page signed and dated?

What was the date?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

These questions would be better asked in the UK forum.

Yes

What the Knightsbridge doctors said is ridiculous or he misunderstood. They don't look at other shot records at the interview. They only check the report from Knightsbridge. He could get a visa with zero shots so shots aren't an issue at his London interview.

Shots ARE an issue when he applies for AOS. I'm not going to write all the scenarios right here because I have a thousand times before. If you will find out exactly what he has recorded on his immunization page from the medical, then I'll narrow it down to his case. Looking for what is written by the lines (dates or words) and what box is checked to the right if any:

MMR

Tdap or Td

Varicella

Influenza

What is ticked under results?

Is the page signed and dated?

What was the date?

I will get the information from him and post asap…. All i Know is he said he had 2 shots to get for the AOS… And I told him to get them at the medical if he needed any but the knightsbridge doctors suggested he get them at his physician back in Scotland. :/ I hope to God this doesn't mean its going to cost us a lot of money since they weren't done at the medical… My hearts pounding as it it.. money money money… sigh…………

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.