torrell17

NEED HELP: AR-11 Change of Address Form & I-485

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee from Vancouver, BC had just arrived to Seattle, WA 4 days ago under the K1 visa and in now in the process of putting together the AOS package.

1) On the instructions of I-485, it mentions about the Change of Address. So we went to the USCIS website and found the AR-11 form which I'm guessing she must complete the online version and submit the form by mail????

2) On the AR-11 form, the section where it says "I am in the United States as a:" what will she put on there?????? Does she put down "permanent resident" or choose "other _____ (Specify)" and write the word AOS applicant on the blank line??????

3) My other question on the AR-11 form is the section where it says "If not a permanent resident, my stay in the US expires on: (Date-mm/dd/yyyy)" What will she put there????? The date of when the k-1 visa 6 months expires or the expiration date of the 90 days period from the date of entry????? or simply write down AOS applicant or Not applicable?????

4) On the I-485 AOS list includes the I-864 Affidavit of Support. We didn't ask for any co/joint sponsors from family members, does the US citizen petitioner require to fill out the I-864 Affidavit of Support form for my Canadian fiancee????? We also did NOT submit I-864 form but only hand in the tax/bank documents when my fiancee went during her first interview back in Vancouver. So just wondering if I (US citizen) need to complete this form for I-485 AOS?????

Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciate all the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Stop for a second.

Take a breath.

1, did she just arrive in the USA? you did not move anywhere to a new address? absolutely no need for address change notification. That is for if you move addresses in the USA. Just fill out the AOS forms with your current address.

Please follow the AOS guide. The I-864 is required and it must be filled out by the US citizen. The US citizen is sponsoring the immigrant. IF you do not make enough money for your house hold you must find a co-sponsor.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.