tortuguita

dcf mexico - sorry, a bit lost here

3 posts in this topic

Sorry in advance, because I'm sure everything I need is likely covered somewhere in the forum, but I've lost my way thru the site. So please forgive the assumed repetitiveness and ask your patience in guiding me to the right places here. I'll catch on quickly! :yes:

I am a US citizen living in Mexico with my Mexican National husband. We were married here in Mexico. We are going to be applying thru dcf for a green card for my husband, with myself as sponsor. We live in the State of Queretaro and so per the information I have, I believe we will have to file our papers in Mexico City. I have the instructions/info, etc. for filling out the application forms. It does state that all documents in Spanish need to be translated into English. How do I get my husband's birth certificate translated into English here in Mexico?? Can I do it, or does it have to be a formal, sealed translation (as per what I had to do with my docs being translated into Spanish when we got married)? I guess that would apply as well to our bank statements, utility bills, etc.?

Thank you so much and look forward to moving thru this process.

hi there!! I know it can be confusing,....I am also in the process of DFC,,, I sent the papers to mexico city,,,,no translation....and did not get a RFE. SOOO I dont think here in mexico we need translations on docs as long as they are in spanish.

thanks for getting back to me. I'm swimming in a sea of papers! :dance: I'm still a bit scared to send the docs without translating, but glad to hear you didn't have any problems. I'm sure I'll be on the site a lot for the next months so will look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.