lisers76

Freaking out!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got a call from Dr. Sieden's office in Toronto. Of course they called my house only, even though they both had my cell phone. By the time I got the message they were closed. I am freaking out that something is wrong and I am going to fail my medical. I just had it done yesterday morning. Has this happened to anyone else!!!!

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Try to be calm--there's nothing you can do until tomorrow, so no point worrying yourself sick. You could email Dr Seiden's office, if it'll make you feel better. You might get a quicker response that way. I think their phones are quite busy in the mornings.

10/13/11 I129-F sent to Texas Lockbox

10/14/11 I129-F received at Texas Lockbox

10/18/11 NOA1 received

02/21/12 NOA2 received

05/02/12 Medical

05/29/12 Interview in Montreal **APPROVED!**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would not panic, maybe they just need to confirm some info with you or something? Hang in there!!

How was it in T.O.?

We have 3 medicals that we are going to have to have done (spouse and our 2 kids) not sure if we should spend a long weekend and go to Toronto and have them done or go further East and do them in MTL.

Hrm, I had a call from them the day after my exam. In my case, they wanted to know if I had a previous chest x-ray they could compare with.

Hopefully it will be something very simple to resolve. By your timeline, your interview isn't until July? You've got lots of time to get whatever it is sorted out. Try not to worry!!

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Everything in Toronto was great and easy. I would recommend them. They are efficient.

I would not panic, maybe they just need to confirm some info with you or something? Hang in there!!

How was it in T.O.?

We have 3 medicals that we are going to have to have done (spouse and our 2 kids) not sure if we should spend a long weekend and go to Toronto and have them done or go further East and do them in MTL.

When they called you was it a doctor of the secretary that phoned? It was the secretary that called me. Do you think that makes a difference at all?

Hrm, I had a call from them the day after my exam. In my case, they wanted to know if I had a previous chest x-ray they could compare with.

Hopefully it will be something very simple to resolve. By your timeline, your interview isn't until July? You've got lots of time to get whatever it is sorted out. Try not to worry!!

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

It was the secretary who called me -- Erlene I believe is her name? If you call and leave a message in the morning, I'm sure she'll get back to you quickly. She's been really lovely and helpful each time I've had to call.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.