torontogal4388

Does this mean Case Complete at NVC?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just received this email from NVC:

Dear Sir/Madam:

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

Does this mean CASE COMPLETE??? for the NVC part?

Edited by torontogal4388

One day at a time and pray like crazy!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Sounds like it to me. That's exactly what we got, too. You'll probably get the interview notice in about a month. Hang tight.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

YEEEHAW!!!!! I'm so excited :rofl:

feeling a little giddy in fact!

Why do they have to use such vague wording. Would it kill them to just say - Your case is complete with us. We are now forwarding all materials to the Montreal Embassy. You will receive a notice directly from them with the details of your Consulate Interview dates and required documentation. All the best!

Ah, but I am not a bureaucratic persona am I??

Tee heee I'm so happy!!!

Thanks for the congrats all. So much appreciated.

event.png

event.png

YEEEHAW!!!!! I'm so excited :rofl:

feeling a little giddy in fact!

Why do they have to use such vague wording. Would it kill them to just say - Your case is complete with us. We are now forwarding all materials to the Montreal Embassy. You will receive a notice directly from them with the details of your Consulate Interview dates and required documentation. All the best!

Well, they won't be forwarding your case to Montreal until you've been assigned an interview date.

I just received this email from NVC:

Dear Sir/Madam:

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

Does this mean CASE COMPLETE??? for the NVC part?

Oh boy. That would make us 3 for 3. Not good. That is, if this all refers to the beneficiary.

Timeline

Alizon - thanks. Good to know. Now I get down and have a serious chat with HIM to move this forward fast. LOL, I'm sure he hears that all the time.

Skip and M - Yup it does refer to the beneficiary! Think Saylin has warned us all about that in her guides. Although it is tough to stand back and wait - wait we will. Then, watch things move fast LOL. All that pent-up energy and months of waiting.............

Can't wait to let'er rip :dance:

Edited by torontogal4388

event.png

event.png

Timeline

LOL...Got this same email last week too....I guess this refers to both of us since we are both living and working here in Canada

The "For Sale" sign is going up this coming weekend either way, as I would prefer to go to MTL with the place at least listed if not already sold by then anyway.

Kinda sucks though, how do you not plan on moving 1500 miles away without having at least made arrangements to rent somewhere?? We are wanting to go down and check out some places and make plans to start renting in July hopefully. What do they do at interview time when they ask where we are going to be living when we get to our destination? Do we say "I don't know because you advised us not to make travel arrangements"?

Also...say we go to the interview and get approved and then get all our documents and stuff from dhl a few days later...Do you have to do a PoE the very next time you enter the US, or can we wait on doing our actual poe, but continue to go back and forth like we do on our current canadian passports for a few times. Does getting approval "flag" something in the system so that the cbp will wonder why you are trying to enter without doing a poe?

Once I get over with my USC wife am I "stuck" there for a certain period of time where I can not come back to Canada??

Edited by GitmeOuttaHere

Timeline

To the first question - you should have a residence established there. At least that is my understanding. Fortunately my husband and I already have a place and he is currently living in it. LOL, he won't unpack and so the place a somewhat of a shambles until I'm there to fix it Teeheehee. But yes, you need to have a permanent address there before the interview.

As far as the rest is concerned - others more knowledgeable will have to answer you.

Good luck. Talk about LAUNCHING a new life. You guys are doing it is spades!!!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

To the first question - you should have a residence established there. At least that is my understanding. Fortunately my husband and I already have a place and he is currently living in it. LOL, he won't unpack and so the place a somewhat of a shambles until I'm there to fix it Teeheehee. But yes, you need to have a permanent address there before the interview.

As far as the rest is concerned - others more knowledgeable will have to answer you.

Good luck. Talk about LAUNCHING a new life. You guys are doing it is spades!!!!

Yep, it seems very different for us because my wife's parents are both Canadian, but were actually living and working in the US back when she was born.... so as odd as it is, she is the only one that is a USC and yet we have all been living here in Can. for 40 years now.....I hear everyone on here complaining about how hard it is to be apart and waiting to finally get a visa, and all though I do sympathize. It seems even more of a feat to try and do what we are doing since all she has is US citizenship, but she has no US Job, or residency as of yet because we have had it all in Canada. Almost like both of us are beneficiaries even though she is actually the petitioner. So we are literally taking up our roots and selling everything and we are BOTH starting a new life in the US. Can't wait to move and get out of here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.