BA NANA'S

Help me Please!!! Preparation for Interview!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

:help: Below is a list of all the Documents that I have to mail to my fiance for his interview. Can someone (perferably someone who has already been to the interview) PLEASE look over my list of documents and let me know if I'm leaving anything out? I'm a nervous wreck and this is just to mail the documents off. I don't know what I'm going to do on the interview day. Also let me know if I need to send in any Original Documents? Thanks in advance for taking the time out to respond to my post.

Interview Check List

1. I-134 + I-864 (just in Case)

2. DS 156 (2 copys unsigned)

4. DS 156K

5. DS 230 part 1 and 2

3. Statement from Employer

4. Pay Stubs 1 Year

5. Statement from Bank

6. Bank Statments (1 Year)

7. Income Tax Return 2011 (Notorized)

8. Tax Return Transcripts (Last 3 years)

9. Intent to Marry (Notorized)

10. Emails

11. AT&T Phone Records

12. Skype Phone Records/Chats

13. Pictures ( Labled with Date)

14. A copy of all NOA and All Docs sent to USCIS (For my fiancé personal records).

Thanks,

Ba nana's

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:help: Below is a list of all the Documents that I have to mail to my fiance for his interview. Can someone (perferably someone who has already been to the interview) PLEASE look over my list of documents and let me know if I'm leaving anything out? I'm a nervous wreck and this is just to mail the documents off. I don't know what I'm going to do on the interview day. Also let me know if I need to send in any Original Documents? Thanks in advance for taking the time out to respond to my post.

Interview Check List

1. I-134 + I-864 (just in Case)

2. DS 156 (2 copys unsigned)

4. DS 156K

5. DS 230 part 1 and 2

3. Statement from Employer

4. Pay Stubs 1 Year

5. Statement from Bank

6. Bank Statments (1 Year)

7. Income Tax Return 2011 (Notorized)

8. Tax Return Transcripts (Last 3 years)

9. Intent to Marry (Notorized)

10. Emails

11. AT&T Phone Records

12. Skype Phone Records/Chats

13. Pictures ( Labled with Date)

14. A copy of all NOA and All Docs sent to USCIS (For my fiancé personal records).

Thanks,

Ba nana's

I would suggest not have the I-864 anywhere but if you insist, especially not near the stuff that will be handed in. They may question the intent of that form.

for a k-1 you need I-134!!!!

Is the DS-156 have a barcode from printing online?

We had a DS-157, as well.

other then that your list looks great!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks Midge.mij. Yes, my DS 156 has a barcode. I don't have a DS 157. Are know anything about it. But I will research it and see if I need the DS 157 before I send off the package. Also do need to get the I-134 Notarized?

Thanks Again,

Ba nana's

Great- glad to be of help!

The DS-157 is easy easy!

I-134 does not need to be notarized.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

make sure your fiancee gets the right size of passport. most of the passport pictures places in Accra give you the wrong size pictures. and let your fiance write his name with a felt pen or pencil behind the pictures.

also did you highlight your calls on A&T and Skype call logs?

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, I will definitely let him know to double check the size of the passport pictures and to label them correctly. Also, Yes I did highlighted the phone records. Quick Question, I'm not sure if this is a stupid question are not, but I will ask it anyways. Do they care if you use staples and paper clips to separate the documents??

Thanks for the much needed advice.

Ba nana's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, I will definitely let him know to double check the size of the passport pictures and to label them correctly. Also, Yes I did highlighted the phone records. Quick Question, I'm not sure if this is a stupid question are not, but I will ask it anyways. Do they care if you use staples and paper clips to separate the documents??

Thanks for the much needed advice.

Ba nana's

i don't think that's a stupid questions at all. i was thinking of the same thing before i had my interview. i staples all my call logs together and other evidences that i had. when i submitted my documents to the first lady, she actually stapled the forms that i filled out - DS156, DS156K and DS230. so i would just staple them together. just don't staple everything together. use paper clips to keep the stapled forms together.

besides, if they don't want it stapled, they will just tell you to take the pins out. which you can easily do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.