Johnnyscofield

DSWD Travel Clearance CONTRADICTION

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My son is 5 yrs old and and was approved for US Citizenship and will be receiving his US Passport in about 2 weeks. He already has his Philippine Passport. I was told he will need a Travel Clearance from DSWD in order to fly out of the Country. This will be his first time to travel out of the Philippines.

Now here is the problem i have. I went to DSWD to inquire since im still waiting for my son's passport to arrive and they told me he does not need a Travel Clearance since he has a US passport and that's what i will present upon exit at the airport imigration. I did inform them that my son is an iligitamate child since me and his mom is not married. But they insisted that no Travel Clearance is needed. BUT according to the DSWD website all iligitamate children traveling with the father requires a Travel clearance from DSWD.

SO WHO DO I BELIVE? The DSWD website or the DSWD People who work there? Which is correct of the two?

I dont want to be leaving with my son and run into a problem with the airport immigration at the last minute and miss our flight to the US, that would be very costly becuse the tickets i have can not be changed to a different date anymore. Its eaither we fly at that moment or i buy 2 more tickets again If somthing goes wrong and we miss our flight and thats unexceptable.

So who should i speak to regarding this contradiction?

If anyone has any answers to this please help or any numbers i can call to get the right answers.

Thank you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you should get a travel clearance since you are the father. I will be doing the same thing soon but since i am the mother and i have a 3 year old, no travel clearance is needed for me but i will still insist on getting one just to be sure since we were not married and my son has his dad's last name, too much complication. They have a facebook page for dswd which gives accurate reply.. Mahal ang ticket. Good luck.

I-130 petition for two minor

2/12 i-130 sent to uscis

2/13 Uscis noa received

3/16 request expedite uscis thru congressman

3/17 office of congressman replied that vermont service center has agreed to expedite

3/24 i-130 approved

3/26 emailed nvc for expedite request no reply waited 30 days

4/9 Nvc received files

4/19contact nvc requesting nvc case number no reply

5/7 called nvc for the case number, finally got it.

5/11email received from nvc about case number

5/9 Expedite requested thru email

5/15 email from nvc will expedite once all documents are in

5/16-aos fee paid/iv fee

5/19 aos /iv fee processed

5/19 got email from nvc request under review?

5/22 nvc emailed same as 5/15

5/20 ds260 completed

5/29 aos documents sent by lawyer

6/4 NVC receive documents allow 30 business days

7/31 got a Freakin checklist coz my lawyer put the wrong number omg so frustrated

8/1-nvc received checklist please allow 60 business days...nice!!!!

9/1-30days is up still frustrated at my lawyer kids would have been starting school by now

9/27-AOS fee changed from "paid" to n/a called nvc right away..confirmed case completed :) finally

10/1-ceac status changed to READY.

10/7-slec advance medical

10/15-interview approved

10/17-visa/passport arrived via 2go. booked US ticket me and my 2 kids yea God is good

10/19-passport req for minors stickers

10/23-arrived in JFk NYC

N-400

Sent:11/2/2016

Received:11/4/2016

Cashd:11/6/2016

Noa:11/9/2016

Fprint:12/1/2016

called uscis for advise Emergency out of the country trip while pending N400 no letter for schedule on interview (dad suddenly passed away had to go to Philippines to arrange funeral gone for 2 weeks)

schedule for interview 2/27/2017- Approved yey!

My son is 5 yrs old and and was approved for US Citizenship and will be receiving his US Passport in about 2 weeks. He already has his Philippine Passport. I was told he will need a Travel Clearance from DSWD in order to fly out of the Country. This will be his first time to travel out of the Philippines.

Now here is the problem i have. I went to DSWD to inquire since im still waiting for my son's passport to arrive and they told me he does not need a Travel Clearance since he has a US passport and that's what i will present upon exit at the airport imigration. I did inform them that my son is an iligitamate child since me and his mom is not married. But they insisted that no Travel Clearance is needed. BUT according to the DSWD website all iligitamate children traveling with the father requires a Travel clearance from DSWD.

SO WHO DO I BELIVE? The DSWD website or the DSWD People who work there? Which is correct of the two?

I dont want to be leaving with my son and run into a problem with the airport immigration at the last minute and miss our flight to the US, that would be very costly becuse the tickets i have can not be changed to a different date anymore. Its eaither we fly at that moment or i buy 2 more tickets again If somthing goes wrong and we miss our flight and thats unexceptable.

If anyone has any answers to this please help or any numbers i can call to get the right answers.

Thank you.

If your child is exiting the Philippines with just US passport (he has no Phil. passport) then you have to have an exit clearance for him. I travelled with my 2 month old son that time and he only had US passport so i had to get him the exit clearance.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you.

hi there..if mother is unknown or left blank in ur sons bc then no need to secure a travel permit when the child leaves the country with you, the father..otherwise if the mother is known then get a travel permit to avoid problem in boarding...this happened to me.. govt/mssd wants to avoid child trafficking/kidnapping..hope this helps

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you.

hi there..if mother is unknown or left blank in ur sons bc then no need to secure a travel permit when the child leaves the country with you, the father..otherwise if the mother is known then get a travel permit to avoid problem in boarding...this happened to me.. govt/mssd wants to avoid child trafficking/kidnapping..hope this helps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.