Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Philippines

My son is 5 yrs old and and was approved for US Citizenship and will be receiving his US Passport in about 2 weeks. He already has his Philippine Passport. I was told he will need a Travel Clearance from DSWD in order to fly out of the Country. This will be his first time to travel out of the Philippines.

Now here is the problem i have. I went to DSWD to inquire since im still waiting for my son's passport to arrive and they told me he does not need a Travel Clearance since he has a US passport and that's what i will present upon exit at the airport imigration. I did inform them that my son is an iligitamate child since me and his mom is not married. But they insisted that no Travel Clearance is needed. BUT according to the DSWD website all iligitamate children traveling with the father requires a Travel clearance from DSWD.

SO WHO DO I BELIVE? The DSWD website or the DSWD People who work there? Which is correct of the two?

I dont want to be leaving with my son and run into a problem with the airport immigration at the last minute and miss our flight to the US, that would be very costly becuse the tickets i have can not be changed to a different date anymore. Its eaither we fly at that moment or i buy 2 more tickets again If somthing goes wrong and we miss our flight and thats unexceptable.

So who should i speak to regarding this contradiction?

If anyone has any answers to this please help or any numbers i can call to get the right answers.

Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline

hi...ur son is illegitimate meaning either only the mothers or fathers name is on his bc. if in ur case only ur name is in the bc then u dont need travel permit..but then if its the mothers name is on his bc then u should need a permit ...my daughter flew with her child without travel permit..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...