ConcordUser

Any thing else I need to do?

22 posts in this topic

If you already have your passport book, you are eligible to apply for the passport card by mail using Form DS-82. Still only $30.

They had a pilot program until April 30, 2012 where you could apply for a passport card online if you hold a valid passport book.

If that pilot went well, they might make that program permanent in the near future. Meanwhile, as randye80 pointed out, if you already have a passport book, you can use form DS-82 and apply for a card via regular mail.

--

Edited by nwctzn

I personally don't have my citizenship yet so I don't have a passport. When I apply for it after I am a citizen all going well hopefully) I will also apply for the card.

I will, however, look into the online method for my USC husband so he can get a card though. Thanks for the info.

The online pilot has ended on April 30, so you cannot apply online right now. However, I am hopeful that they roll it out again permanently in the near future. It's very convenient and you do not need to send in anything with mail.

--

Edited by nwctzn

Filed: Timeline

I just went to the website and found the application online so it's still available online. Cost $60 for expedited card. I didn't fill it in yet but if it's still available when we're ready we'll do it that way for my husband. Unless the website is outdated and the application cancels out when you start to fill it in perhaps? I don't know cause I didn't fill it in but it was there.

I just went to the website and found the application online so it's still available online. Cost $60 for expedited card. I didn't fill it in yet but if it's still available when we're ready we'll do it that way for my husband. Unless the website is outdated and the application cancels out when you start to fill it in perhaps? I don't know cause I didn't fill it in but it was there.

This is the link and they say the online pilot has been closed on April 30: http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_5648.html

Maybe you see the online links for filling out the forms. Even if you fill those forms out online, you will need to print them out and send via mail. So it will not be online-only as it was with the pilot online program.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is the link and they say the online pilot has been closed on April 30: http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_5648.html

Maybe you see the online links for filling out the forms. Even if you fill those forms out online, you will need to print them out and send via mail. So it will not be online-only as it was with the pilot online program.

I have checked last night. You are correct. Online form is only to fill out the application and mail it. First time Passport applicants has to goto office and apply. I went 2 weeks ago and got my passport done and now waiting for the passport card to come in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.