TammyandJosh

Processing..

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SO I scheduled an interview at the embassy in Ottawa for my son to start his US passport CRBA..Then realizing I can not enter without my US passport I called DOS to see if my visa and my daughters had been printed? sent? As other peoples from same day are recieving theirs?? She said I could request my passport back? We certainly never hid the fact my sons father was an American, he was just born here, never lived there..the paperwork had gone all the way through since last May and no one caught it..I didnt know..

I was told we were in "processing" does this mean administrative processing so was my sons situation a red flag? How long does AP take? I read the step by step guide and it says to disregard if they say that at this point but really hard not to worry. Im starting to feel like Im stuck here alone and will be having this baby alone.

So hard to handle when two weeks ago we were decorating the nursery in our new home..I just feel like my world is caving in on me. The dr has taken me off on leave now bc of stress concerns and the baby. Im a total mess..Any advice encouragement would be great..

Timeline

i'm confused, were you told you were put in ap at the interview?

No i got the welcome letter..But when I called today to see if things had been printed so I could take my son to his appt at the embassy in ottawa thursday i was told on the phone...

gotcha. yes, DOS will say processing before the visa prints. sometimes they even say, administrative processing, but it isn't the genuine, dreaded AP. i think you'll get your visa in the normal time frame..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

DOS only knows so much. Like Valerie said when they see the visa has yet to be printed, they just say you are in processing. Based in past experience, it seems Montreal prints and mails visas in groups. So some are lucky to get it the next day, and others wait a week or more. Taking the weekend into consideration, you are still within the normal time frame. I bet you get it this week.

When is your appointment? Will they accept any other form of ID, like a Canadian birth certificate? I assume you meant to say your Canadian passport (not US passport) If not, there isn't much you can do but wait, unfortunately. Getting your passport back from Montreal now then sending it back to have the visa put in it would take way more time.

It sucks you didn't realize your son is a US citizen until the interview. I wish you would have asked us! (not that it helps much now)

Try to keep calm for the baby! That is priority #1. Hang in there girl, it will all work out!

Timeline

Thanks guys.. It was obviously an honest mistake. I assumed bc he was born here has always lived here never pursued any US linkage that he was Canadian. I guess I realized he was prob eligible for dual but since I was applying this way and the kids were simply coming with me this was the way to go. Honestly with very little contact between his dad and new wife and I, I didnt even know if he would be agreeable. He has no legal obligation to do so.

I also never realized when I started this procedure a year ago that it would take 11 months to get an interview nor how stressful and trying this would be for our relationship and now nor the health dangers it would put me in and our unborn son..Iam offically off work and as close to bed rest as one can be in my situation.

If I had lied ever in my application I can see the delay. Had his Dad been born in a high risk country I can see the issue.his Dad is American. The lady at Montreal kept saying this was a `good thing``All i can do is hope at this point.

Brads appt is Thursday. I can not enter without my CDN passport they confirmed that at DOS yesterday.:(

Timeline

^^ Can you have someone else, maybe a family member or friend take him into the appointment with their passport?

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

try your hardest to think positive, you're much closer to the finish line than you were even yesterday. it's true what folks say around here, once your family is finally all back together this time and distance and agony that seemed to take FOREVER will be gone. i know that seems like a long shot with so much of your life up in the air. it took a month for montreal to print orfee's visa and every time i'd call DOS they'd tell me we were in AP. we hadn't been told that at the interview. lemme tell ya, that was the longest month of my life. to make it so far and then not to have any definitive answers was terrible. (don't let my story get you stressed, we were interviewed by a woman who was only 'filling in' to help out with 'the backlog' for a week. i think our case got left on someone's desk :wacko: )

i can only imagine how miserable that would be with a baby on the way, hang in there, you've almost made it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.