bigtex26

El Paso to Juarez Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm debating whether or not I should fly direct from San Antonio to Ciudad Juarez (for $300) or if I should cut the price down to $170 by just flying into El Paso and crossing into Mexico on foot.

Is it difficult/dangerous to take a cab directly after crossing the bridge into Juarez? I'll be taxi'ing to the Ciudad Juarez Airport.

Anybody have some first-hand experience of this?

• June 2010 ~ Met
  • July 4, 201142.gif ~ Married
    USCIS
  • August 1, 2011 ~ I-130 Sent
  • August 4, 2011 ~ I-130 Package Received
  • August 8, 2011 ~ NOA1 Receipt
  • February 24, 2012 ~ NOA2 Receipt
    NVC
  • March 9, 2012 ~ Received Case #
  • March 13, 2012 ~ DS-261 Signed
  • March 14, 2012 ~ AOS Bill Paid
  • March 22, 2012 ~ IV Bill Paid
  • March 26, 2012 ~ NVC Case Complete
    CONSULATE
  • May 16, 2012 ~ Interview Date - Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
  • May 19, 2012 ~ Point of Entry into El Paso, TX, U.S.A.
  • June 4, 2012 ~ Green Card arrived in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is not dangerous or difficult. I took the greyhound, which i dont recommend the buses are very dirty. However i took the bus and got to el paso and i took a cab from there to the consulate hotel. It costs 50 dlls and the cabs are called border taxi. And from mexico to the border (no crossing) is about 250 pesos. The consulate area seems safe and highly transited, avoid late night walking.

We are going to fly to El Paso and take a Taxi from there to our hotel in Ciudad Juarez. Does anyoe know if you can take the taxi straight from El Paso airport into Ciudad Juarez to a hotel DIRECTLY? Without changing cabs at the border? thanks :help:

April 2008- Met in person at Friday's Restaurant for dinner

July 2008 - Dating

Nov 2008 - He proposed!

July 25th 2009 - I do! Best day of my life

USCIS

July 26th 2011 - USCIS received I-130 ( I hate that we waited a long time, i guess at least we wont have to remove conditions)

Feb 8th 2012 - APPROVED!!! (197 Days or 6 1/2 months from NOA1)

NVC

Feb 21st 2012- Assign case number (13 days from approval)

March 9th 2012-Packet IV sent to NVC

March 14th 2012-NVC closed my case in 3 DAYS!!! Waiting for interview date = Nerve wrecking

Consulate

March 16th 2012-Biometrics Appointment

May 17th 2012-Interview day!!!

May 18th 2012-Will see my family again after more than 10 years...

Timeline

We are going to fly to El Paso and take a Taxi from there to our hotel in Ciudad Juarez. Does anyoe know if you can take the taxi straight from El Paso airport into Ciudad Juarez to a hotel DIRECTLY? Without changing cabs at the border? thanks :help:

Actually, I called up Border Cab Taxi, a service that for about $60 will take you directly from the El Paso Airport to across the border, and to the Ciudad Juarez Airport. Apparently they have permission to do this. I'm sure if they'll take you to the Ciudad Juarez Airport, they'd be able to take you anywhere else in Juarez.

Give them a call.

(915) 533-4245

3600 Frutas Ave

El Paso, TX 79905

(By the way, haven't used them, was just told to google a taxi cab service in El Paso by the Juarez Consulate.)

P.S. Hey, Minicyni, did you schedule an appointment with a medical clinic? I know we're supposed to for ASC, but for Medical?

Edited by bigtex26
  • June 2010 ~ Met
    USCIS
    NVC
    CONSULATE

I'm debating whether or not I should fly direct from San Antonio to Ciudad Juarez (for $300) or if I should cut the price down to $170 by just flying into El Paso and crossing into Mexico on foot.

Is it difficult/dangerous to take a cab directly after crossing the bridge into Juarez? I'll be taxi'ing to the Ciudad Juarez Airport.

Anybody have some first-hand experience of this?

$50 each way.

Paisanos Transportation 915-346-2655 I just went there in 4/17/2012. The driver was great and he is willing to schedule ahead of time. Safest and cheapes way From the airport to the door of your hotel! Safe driver and very nice.

Edited by lovAton

Timeline

$50 each way.

Paisanos Transportation 915-346-2655 I just went there in 4/17/2012. The driver was great and he is willing to schedule ahead of time. Safest and cheapes way From the airport to the door of your hotel! Safe driver and very nice.

Is this a bus service? I can't find them online

• June 2010 ~ Met
    USCIS
    NVC
    CONSULATE

Is this a bus service? I can't find them online

No it’s a company. The driver did mention he was advertised, I say listed in the website for the airport. Here is the link.

My link

There are some phones close to the exit to the airport on the right hand side towards the car rentals. The airport is small which makes it easy to get around. I recommend Paisano but there are others. I called a few some had a two hr. wait. After being apart from my husband for two years and seeing him every six months, two hours was too much for me :rofl:

So call around. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Timeline

No it’s a company. The driver did mention he was advertised, I say listed in the website for the airport. Here is the link.

My link

There are some phones close to the exit to the airport on the right hand side towards the car rentals. The airport is small which makes it easy to get around. I recommend Paisano but there are others. I called a few some had a two hr. wait. After being apart from my husband for two years and seeing him every six months, two hours was too much for me :rofl:

So call around. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Awesome, thanks lovAton.

• June 2010 ~ Met
    USCIS
    NVC
    CONSULATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.