andnico

DS-260

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

those are all numbers the NVC assigns you. since you went through DCF I would call them and ask for a beneficiary number, if not try calling NVC and see if they ever assigned one to you. I just completed my DS-260 on April 5th and it asked for my case #,invoice id # and Beneficiary id #. good luck!

Timeline

REQUIRED ACTION PRIOR TO YOUR INTERVIEW:

Starting April 1st. 2011, immigrant visa applicants are required to complete the following steps prior to

attending your consular interview appointment:

1. Complete the DS-260 form online at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. If you provided a DS-260

to NVC already, go to step 4.

2. If your petition did not go through the NVC process, for example, you filed your petition

overseas, your invoice ID number will be your date of birth (YYYYMMDD).

3. Print the DS-260 form confirmation page.

4. Next, go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com and follow up the instructions to log in and to schedule

an appointment at any of the Applicant Service Centers (ASCs) in Mexico. Each applicant is

required to appear in person at the ASC prior to the consular appointment date. At the ASC your

fingerprints and photographs will be collected.

5. At the same website, http://mexico.usvisa-info.com, select a DHL courier office location where

you would like to receive your visa.

6. If you have other questions regarding the immigrant visa process, please review the information

on http://mexico.usvisa-info.com.

REMINDERS

This process will be mandatory for interview appointments starting July 01, 2011. All applicants

will be required to complete a DS-260 and schedule an appointment at the ASC (including

children). If your visa is issued, you must travel to the United States and apply for admission as a permanent

resident within the visa’s validity period. Do not make any travel arrangements to move to the United

States, dispose of property or give up your job until a visa has been issued to you. A consular officer can

make a decision regarding your visa application only after your formal application and all documents

have been reviewed and you have been personally interviewed by a consular officer.

APPOINTMENT RESCHEDULE INFORMATION

For any questions regarding rescheduling missed appointments at the ASC or the Consulate, please go to

http://mexico.usvisa-info.com

SECURITY NOTICE TO ALL VISITORS

The U.S. Consulate General is located in Paseo de la Victoria # 3650, Col. Partido Senecu. Please note

that all visitors to the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juárez are screened by U.S. Consulate security

prior to entry. Screening includes inspections via a walk-through metal detector, a hand-held metal

detector and an x-ray machine for personal items. Any visitor who declines to be screened by U.S.

Consulate security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Consulate.

Because personal items must be screened before entrance, bringing unnecessary articles will delay your

entrance to the Consulate as these are examined. In order to facilitate your entrance to the Consulate

and reduce your waiting time at the security checkpoint, we recommend that you leave behind any

unnecessary personal items. If you leave them in your car, be sure to put them in the trunk and lock

your car; do not leave any personal items in view in the passenger compartment

those are all numbers the NVC assigns you. since you went through DCF I would call them and ask for a beneficiary number, if not try calling NVC and see if they ever assigned one to you. I just completed my DS-260 on April 5th and it asked for my case #,invoice id # and Beneficiary id #. good luck!

Thank you :thumbs: ! I just sent NVC an email to get that #. Do you know if I need to mail in the AOS in or the DS-260 ??? Or do I just take it to the intreview??

Timeline

i would just call the nvc at 6033340700, u cant get an answer in minutes and an email they usually take about 2 wks to respond. as far as ur other questions im not sure, i would consult ur lawyer if u have one, i dont want to give any information that im not sure is accurate.

*can

i would just call the nvc at 6033340700, u cant get an answer in minutes and an email they usually take about 2 wks to respond. as far as ur other questions im not sure, i would consult ur lawyer if u have one, i dont want to give any information that im not sure is accurate.

*can

Oh realy !! Well thanks for letting me know!! I will call them tomorrow:

Well just got off the phone with NVC they say they dont have my case # . The only case # I have is the one that starts with CDJXXXXXXXX !!!! So I am calling CD Juarez and no one answers!!!!! :hehe: AHHHH I want my benificiary # so I can make the appointment!!! PLZ HELPPPPP

• 2 weeks later...

Well just got off the phone with NVC they say they dont have my case # . The only case # I have is the one that starts with CDJXXXXXXXX !!!! So I am calling CD Juarez and no one answers!!!!! :hehe: AHHHH I want my benificiary # so I can make the appointment!!! PLZ HELPPPPP

Hi,

I hope you already solve your situation.

A friend of mine told me that number is the 10 digit number after the CDJ letters on the case number.

Read the document INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS referenced in your notification letter. It talked about an applicant ID is a 10 digit number.

" The applicant ID number is shown above as your case number and is a ten digit number starting with CDJ."

Another DS-260 instructions (travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/MEX-SUP-MULT-0001-1104.pdf), on number 2 it said "To complete the DS-260 you will need to retrieve the Invoice ID Number and each traveling applicant's Beneficiary ID".

The Applicant ID looks like is the applicant's Beneficiary ID. If you already get an answer from NVC, please validate it is the same number after CDJ and let us know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.