crea78

On My Way to VN

68 posts in this topic

Timeline

My wife washed wool suit pants in the washer... They were wrinkled like crazy. I had them dry cleaned and it got better, but still not perfect. Oh well. My wife won't read labels either. I have some 100% cotton non iron shirts, you gotta take those out of the dryer immediately or they will wrinkle. Of course, you could iron but that would defeat the purpose of having non iron shirts in the first place.

My wife seems to be able to read the labels on her clothes just fine.blink.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Waiting now in Chicago to go to Tokyo for my 25 hour flight to HCMC. My fiancee's interview is this coming Tuesday. I am staying 2 weeks and looking forward to seeing Uyen and her family once again.

I will write back as soon as I can on the results :)

good luck today, for your time i think its tuesday, keep us posted

05/17/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail + K2 package

05/24/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/20

05/28/2013.......Check cashed for K1 nothing for K2 yet

06/01/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

06/02/2013.......rfe on K2 Missed a signiture

06/13/2013.......Email, Text of Receiving package after K2 rfe

06/??/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.

06/24/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.for k2

06/25/2013........Biometrics complete for k-1 and k-2 12:00 appiontment took longer getting through security.

07/09/2013.........Interview & Scheduling (Status Changed)

07/15/2013.........Interview aug 14 no cards yet.

07/19/2013......On July 19, 2013 we ordered production of your new card.i765 \ July 19, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131

07/30/2013 ......Recieved EAD in mail. nothing else.

08/08/2013 ......Recieved k2 interview for sept 6........what? he is 8.

09/10/2013 ......On September 10, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thinks for all the wishes and prayers!! My trip started out very rocky when I found out my passport WAS NOT valid in Vietnam. [Didn't realize there is a 6 month validity period before the passport expires!!] Anyways, I was stuck in Tokyo for Sunday night and most of Monday. I had to book a night at a hotel in downtown Tokyo for $245 because that is the closest to the US Embassy. I got my emergency passport and was on my way to VN Monday night. It's a shame i couldn't get into contact with my fiancee or her family before they left Tay Ninh to come to the airport in HCMC. Later that night, I was able to talk to Uyen and she understood.

The interview went very well and I believe it took maybe 5 minutes. Most of the interview as done in Vietnamese and a couple questions were in English. I had a Caucasian male who was very nice. I would say he asked Uyen 6-7 questions and he asked me what do I do for a living and my highest level of education. We got the pink and hopefully she will get her Visa by May 6th because I leave out early Monday May 7th. After the interview, Uyen, her dad/sister, two cousins and myself went to go look at wedding dresses. She tried on three at two different stores. I like a couple she tried on, and I cannot believe how cheap they were; $125-$250. Definitely beats prices you pay in America!!

I pray she will come home with me soon and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her :)

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

congrats i knew it'd be easy! enjoy your "honeymoon".

hopefully there'll be time for you to buy her plane tix before you have to leave. luckily it's april/may and not the busy summer season so maybe you can squeeze her onto your flight.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats. I knew your case would get Pink. I hope that you and your girl will live a happy life together in the U.S.

I am a bit surprised that they allowed you to board your first flight in the U.S. Usually at check-in they ask to see your passport because they want to see that you have a visa. I am surprised they did not catch your 6 month validity issue at that point but who cares. Everything worked out and your girl will soon be with you. Make sure that when she gets here, get married as soon as you can. Trust me, it feels soooo much nicer calling Thu my wife instead of my fiance :thumbs:

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

Thinks for all the wishes and prayers!! My trip started out very rocky when I found out my passport WAS NOT valid in Vietnam. [Didn't realize there is a 6 month validity period before the passport expires!!] Anyways, I was stuck in Tokyo for Sunday night and most of Monday. I had to book a night at a hotel in downtown Tokyo for $245 because that is the closest to the US Embassy. I got my emergency passport and was on my way to VN Monday night. It's a shame i couldn't get into contact with my fiancee or her family before they left Tay Ninh to come to the airport in HCMC. Later that night, I was able to talk to Uyen and she understood.

The interview went very well and I believe it took maybe 5 minutes. Most of the interview as done in Vietnamese and a couple questions were in English. I had a Caucasian male who was very nice. I would say he asked Uyen 6-7 questions and he asked me what do I do for a living and my highest level of education. We got the pink and hopefully she will get her Visa by May 6th because I leave out early Monday May 7th. After the interview, Uyen, her dad/sister, two cousins and myself went to go look at wedding dresses. She tried on three at two different stores. I like a couple she tried on, and I cannot believe how cheap they were; $125-$250. Definitely beats prices you pay in America!!

I pray she will come home with me soon and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her :)

Most awesome of news. I am very happy for you both. Good luck and God bless.good.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My passport was valid to enter Japan but when I tried to board the plane for HCMC, that is when I got rejected. I already had my travel visa in hand so that wasn't the problem. I did have to pay $35 in HCMC to get a new Visa and they did it within 5 minutes. I am just glad I got into the country, because the next day was my fiancee's interview and I had the Package 4 documents with me.

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Timeline

My passport was valid to enter Japan but when I tried to board the plane for HCMC, that is when I got rejected. I already had my travel visa in hand so that wasn't the problem. I did have to pay $35 in HCMC to get a new Visa and they did it within 5 minutes. I am just glad I got into the country, because the next day was my fiancee's interview and I had the Package 4 documents with me.

Wow. I am surprised you didn't know of the 6 month requirement needed on the passport. You seemed to ace everything else so well. I almost want to see a pic of the expression on your face when they told you that you were unable to board.star_smile.gif

Timeline

congrats

06/01/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

06/25/2013........Biometrics complete for k-1 and k-2 12:00 appiontment took longer getting through security.

07/19/2013......On July 19, 2013 we ordered production of your new card.i765 \ July 19, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131

09/10/2013 ......On September 10, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations on the pink!

Btw, you can buy wedding dresses in the states for cheap too when on sale. I picked up two for my wife for $40 each. They were simple dresses of course.

Timeline

Congratulations on the pink!

Btw, you can buy wedding dresses in the states for cheap too when on sale. I picked up two for my wife for $40 each. They were simple dresses of course.

My wife made her own wedding dress. Pics are in my profile under pictures.whistling.gif

Timeline

what were the 6-7 questions they asked uyen?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.