arashsidhu

PCC info

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't know about other Passport offices, but when I, the beneficiary, went to apply for passport PCC at Chandigarh Passport office, I was told to include my spouse name first in the passport. According to them, if you are married , your passport must show your spouse name,than only you can apply for PCC or reissue.

I argued but officer explained it mandatory as I was unmarried when I got my passport and now my circumstances has changed(unmarried to married) my passport is not up to date.

I always thought, passport PCC is one day job,so I was relaxed and was waiting for NVC notification before I get my PCC done.And when NVC demanded paper, I came to know I have to apply for reissue and than PCC, this whole procedure took me 25 days or you can say I delayed my case by 25 days.

Since you have ample time, you must consider this step or check with your local passport office. I had other option to get PCC, to populate my martial status as "single " in PCC form but my conscience never allowed me to do so.

So heads up if you have not got your PCC yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Don't know about other Passport offices, but when I, the beneficiary, went to apply for passport PCC at Chandigarh Passport office, I was told to include my spouse name first in the passport. According to them, if you are married , your passport must show your spouse name,than only you can apply for PCC or reissue.

I argued but officer explained it mandatory as I was unmarried when I got my passport and now my circumstances has changed(unmarried to married) my passport is not up to date.

I always thought, passport PCC is one day job,so I was relaxed and was waiting for NVC notification before I get my PCC done.And when NVC demanded paper, I came to know I have to apply for reissue and than PCC, this whole procedure took me 25 days or you can say I delayed my case by 25 days.

Since you have ample time, you must consider this step or check with your local passport office. I had other option to get PCC, to populate my martial status as "single " in PCC form but my conscience never allowed me to do so.

So heads up if you have not got your PCC yet

I had similar situation like yours, but didn't have any problem with PSK Chennai, they allowed me to put married,spouse name in PCC form, even it was not updated in Passport. Seems everywhere these guys make their own rules.

XrVRp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.