robertntess2012

UGENT Many do not know about this!!!!!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some of you may not know this requirment.

My fiancee met 5 ladies who didn't know about this at St. Lukes!

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Yes this is not something advertise or place on the packet instructions. Its should be added to the requirements. As the immigrant can not leave Philippines without attending this CFO seminar. Then receiving the CFO certificate and CFO Sticker.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing. I will make sure my fiancee is aware of this.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Yes this is not something advertise or place on the packet instructions. Its should be added to the requirements. As the immigrant can not leave Philippines without attending this CFO seminar. Then receiving the CFO certificate and CFO Sticker.

The reason being, it has nothing to do with US polices or US visa requirements. Therefore it will never be on any packet instructions

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

When i was at St Lukes for my medical last week some applicant don't know about this

too,so i told them they should attend seminar in St Mary or PRISM in order for them to

get the sticker in Commission on Filipinos Overseas(CFO).or else they couldn't leave.

and also tell them about this great site Visa Journey... they will surely learn more

things here...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

When i was at St Lukes for my medical last week some applicant don't know about this

too,so i told them they should attend seminar in St Mary or PRISM in order for them to

get the sticker in Commission on Filipinos Overseas(CFO).or else they couldn't leave.

and also tell them about this great site Visa Journey... they will surely learn more

things here...

question, do you necessarily have to have the visa before attending the CFO and getting the sticker? If you attend before the Visa, do you have to back once you have the visa?

question, do you necessarily have to have the visa before attending the CFO and getting the sticker? If you attend before the Visa, do you have to back once you have the visa?

Hello there!!! I read your Post,and Congratulations!!! now that your wife had already

the Visa,and had attended the seminar last year she can now go and get the sticker at

Commission on Filipinos Overseas(CFO) located at CityGold center 1345,

Pres.Quirino Ave.,Corner Osmena Highway(South Superhighway)Manila Phil.

tel.phone#(632)552-4700,email add: info@cfo.gov.ph

Good Luck and God Bless!!!...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

You don't need the visa at the time of the seminar, they will give you a certificate. Then when you get your visa, you return and get the sticker with this certificate. The CFO interview can be pretty demanding, as much as if not more than the embassy interview. Be prepared with copies of everything that was included in the visa petition plus the things you'd bring to the embassy interview. Also make sure you know his mother's maiden name.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

You don't need the visa at the time of the seminar, they will give you a certificate. Then when you get your visa, you return and get the sticker with this certificate. The CFO interview can be pretty demanding, as much as if not more than the embassy interview. Be prepared with copies of everything that was included in the visa petition plus the things you'd bring to the embassy interview. Also make sure you know his mother's maiden name.

Really? I was under the impression it was more of a seminar that only creates awareness of foreign travel to Filipino citizens. This is the first time I have read of it being compared to the visa interview. Also, the first time I have read the suggestion of bringing the petition to the CFO. What is the need for that?

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Really? I was under the impression it was more of a seminar that only creates awareness of foreign travel to Filipino citizens. This is the first time I have read of it being compared to the visa interview. Also, the first time I have read the suggestion of bringing the petition to the CFO. What is the need for that?

just to be sure.

although they didnt ask from me anything from my petition papers

just to be sure.

although they didnt ask from me anything from my petition papers

Ah, okay thanks. I guess if you are going to have all the things you prepare for your interview with you anyway, it isn't a bad idea to just bring it. I do understand they ask similar questions as the K-1 with the one-on-one interview part. I just can't imagine it being as grueling or as intimidating as waiting 5 hours to know if a US consulate officer will approve your visa or not.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

There is a seminar part and an interview part of the process. Note below the "Other documents as may be required by the counselors". Thats where they send some girls home to get more or wait on more documents. Some of the counselors seem to think they are gods to judge and lord over all who come before them. Its like some counselors want to make the girls give up and not leave the country. You might get a nice one, and little is needed, or you can get a bad one who will try to trip her up. The counselor my wife had even asked for my (the USC) SSN. We were prepared as she had my SS card with. She had been warned about that one being asked for at the time she went. She told me afterwards that some women left crying because they were missing things and did not get a certificate or a stamp. Another she talked with was back after getting documents her finance had to send from the USA. Another had to return with her mother because she was under 25. If you're well prepared, I don't think there's much of an issue. But don't take it lightly either. My wife breezed through the embassy interview, they looked at nothing she brought saying the petition included everything they needed to see, but the CFO was a different story. Luckily she had everything under the sun with her.

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

There is a seminar part and an interview part of the process. Note below the "Other documents as may be required by the counselors". Thats where they send some girls home to get more or wait on more documents. Some of the counselors seem to think they are gods to judge and lord over all who come before them. Its like some counselors want to make the girls give up and not leave the country. You might get a nice one, and little is needed, or you can get a bad one who will try to trip her up. The counselor my wife had even asked for my (the USC) SSN. We were prepared as she had my SS card with. She had been warned about that one being asked for at the time she went. She told me afterwards that some women left crying because they were missing things and did not get a certificate or a stamp. Another she talked with was back after getting documents her finance had to send from the USA. Another had to return with her mother because she was under 25. If you're well prepared, I don't think there's much of an issue. But don't take it lightly either. My wife breezed through the embassy interview, they looked at nothing she brought saying the petition included everything they needed to see, but the CFO was a different story. Luckily she had everything under the sun with her.

Also as mine was asked, make sure she knows your underware size LOL, it was truly asked of my then fiancé, during her interview. :o

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Also as mine was asked, make sure she knows your underware size LOL, it was truly asked of my then fiancé, during her interview. :o

That is simply absurd, but I won't doubt it.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.