Nga&Ron

Consulate in HCMC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I need some help. Everything was going so smooth for us until we hit the US consulate. Our NOA2 was completed 1/31/2012 and hard copy one week later. We never recieved the packet3 even after we emailed them and finally she just sent in the info without the letter since they never responded to email or phone calls. They received the information for packet3 on Mar 7th and they acknowledged it. April 12 still no packet4 and i called the department of state numbe in DC and after a long wait finally go hold of someone. They said they had received everything and we would be contacted for the appointment. We never did get packet3? I do feel better they now know we are alive but i notice people who got noa2 after us already have the appointment? I think ours is a simple case in that I am a federal employee so income and support are not an issue. We have met each other 3 times over a two year period. She currently has a business visa and has been to the US twice to see me.

Anyone had experience with this problem? They only give you a form letter answer to your question if you contact them by email. Is the US consulate in Vietnam just not well run? I am about to contact my congressman if we dont hear something soon. I do realize some have had a much harder time than we have but the lack of contact is crazy.

Thanks Ron

Edited by Nga&Ron

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

moved from China regional to VN regional

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Common to not get the mail in VN.. This is why we check the DoS # to get status updates... When they say pkt 4 has been mailed she will be able to go get a copy of it or they may even email a copy if you request it based on the mail not getting there. This would only take place after it has been sent and you have waited some time...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.