IMANCO

in Preparation for NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have been following your threads and it has been very useful to me. I met my wife, last year through mutual friends and we decided to get married on our first meeting, we did not even think of the whole visa process or any red flags before tying the knots.I am a Nigerian, leaving abroad and the plan after marriage was for her to join me at my location. After 6 months of being married , i realized, i could not stay here anymore, due to reasons we could not control, so on her second visit, we decided to file for the i-130. We are 3 months plus into the process and i have a few questions:

1)Do u think the fact that we have met only 3 times and we got married on our first meeting might be an issue?

2) I am 10 years older than my fiancee and her parents are Nigerians, though she is a USC. Will this be a plus or minus on the red flag?

In preparing for the NVC stage , i have some questions:

1) I have been abroad for 5 years and i have only been back to Nigeria 2 times (first time for 2 weeks and second time for 2 months) I lived in Nigeria till i was 34 and when i relocated i did a police report which is 5 years now. I have since applied for a police report where i am currently based.

My thinking is that since i already did a police report 5 years ago in Nigeria and my visits to Nigeria were for less than 6 months, i will not be needing a new Nigerian police report.

2) I lost my birth certificate since 1995 and all i have been using since then has been an affidavit from a court in Lagos. Are sworn affidavits accepted or as indicated in the guidelines, do i get a secondary evidence , like an affidavit from my mum stating my date of birth, where i was born, etc?

Your inputs are highly welcome.

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have been following your threads and it has been very useful to me. I met my wife, last year through mutual friends and we decided to get married on our first meeting, we did not even think of the whole visa process or any red flags before tying the knots.I am a Nigerian, leaving abroad and the plan after marriage was for her to join me at my location. After 6 months of being married , i realized, i could not stay here anymore, due to reasons we could not control, so on her second visit, we decided to file for the i-130. We are 3 months plus into the process and i have a few questions:

1)Do u think the fact that we have met only 3 times and we got married on our first meeting might be an issue?

2) I am 10 years older than my fiancee and her parents are Nigerians, though she is a USC. Will this be a plus or minus on the red flag?

1) I have been abroad for 5 years and i have only been back to Nigeria 2 times (first time for 2 weeks and second time for 2 months) I lived in Nigeria till i was 34 and when i relocated i did a police report which is 5 years now. I have since applied for a police report where i am currently based.

My thinking is that since i already did a police report 5 years ago in Nigeria and my visits to Nigeria were for less than 6 months, i will not be needing a new Nigerian police report.

2) I lost my birth certificate since 1995 and all i have been using since then has been an affidavit from a court in Lagos. Are sworn affidavits accepted or as indicated in the guidelines, do i get a secondary evidence , like an affidavit from my mum stating my date of birth, where i was born, etc?

Cheers

If you can afford a trip to Naija, I would recommend it. You WILL need a police report. They are only good for 3 months, so you will want to do it close to your interview. As far as the birth certificate, I cant answer that one, my fiance went to Nigeria and got his back in 2010, (along with a police report) that is now expired. Good luck to you, maybe someone else can give you some pointers that still lives in Nigeria.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Affidavits of Age Declaration are no substitutes for Birth Certificates. In Nigeria, you can obtain a Birth Certificate from any office of the National Population Commission in any Local Govt Council Secretariat.

Timeline

Thanks for for input. I have made enquiries and i have sent off my old police certificate for renewal. Thanks Mozeze for the hint on the bank certificate. I stumbled upon some information on Naira land which was quite helpful. I wish all the other members of this forum Gods favor on their quest to join their loved ones......

Cheers

Thanks for for input. I have made enquiries and i have sent off my old police certificate for renewal. Thanks Mozeze for the hint on the bank certificate. I stumbled upon some information on Naira land which was quite helpful. I wish all the other members of this forum Gods favor on their quest to join their loved ones......

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.