Kamzrose

form I-131 application for advanced parole

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone! , (F)

My husband came here on a K-1 visa and we recently filed the AOS packet with uscis and are waiting for his EAD and AOS fingerprinting appointments. When we filed the AOS packet we did not file form I-131 travel document. The reason being is because my husband had no intention of visiting his home country until after 1 or 2 years. And his father recently became very sick and now he wants to travel back for about 3 weeks. Now im very worried about him traveling and he does not have a green card yet. i want to make sure we do everything right so he can come back home to me. He wants to travel after he goes to his fingerprinting appointments. Is this the only appointment we will have to attend at our local uscis office for a while? We began to look at form I-131 and only became more confused. What is the diffrence between a re entry permit and advanced parole? I think we are applying for advanced parole. On form I-131 part 7 it says " On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered". Does that mean my husband writes a letter saying why he wants to travel back to his country for a visit? What all should he submit with form I-131? What documents? Also form I-131 asks for a departure date. I have no idea what to write because we dont know when his fingerprinting appointments are and we dont know how long it takes to process the application. This is so frustrating...ahhhh! Any information would help me. I wish uscis made things easier for people. Thank god for this website. Take care..I wish the best of luck to all of you! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.