kristen n Ashraf

need help with the affidavit of support

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am a citizen filing for my husband who is in jordan

i am not working and haven't had to file taxes for quite some time.

so am wondering...

1. what form is it i need to fill out for myself?

2. a friend who will do the affidavit is single and works as a independent taxi driver, has worked with this job over a year now and does qualify for the income to do it.

Must he have a statement from the owner of the taxi company??? the owner doesn't like to help with things like that and is a pain. will his taxes filed for the for the last year be enough proof?

3. what form does he need to file?

4. on the affidavit of support it asks for proof of the last year filed. but is spaces to put the amount made for the 2 years before that. ARE WE REQUIRED TO FILL THAT?

( he was on unemployment before that and didnt file the two years previously.) I was told by a worker in the nvc we dont have to put that info. CAN THEY EVEN CHECK ON THAT??? LOL

5. since i haven't filed taxes or worked many years, how can i get something to prove that i didn't have to file??? (im on state assistance would that help to say that? or not?)

6. is there any way to let them send his papers to the embassy in jordan WITHOUT the affidavit of support and my husband will give them in the interview???? (i was told people did that)

7. how long now do we have after they receive the AOS from us and schedule his interview in jordan??? or give him the medical exam information to do it?

8. will they send us a letter about what he has to do for the medical exam and such? *we already have his police report done and ready*

9. is there anything else we need to know??

also i filed my husb papers online the other day with the nvc since he is in jordan, and we sent the supporting documents they will arrive on monday the 16th. so any idea how long we have to wait still until he could be approved for a visa ????

thank you for reading and sorry for all the questions.

married 2006 in jordan *we both live there

2008 had twins *delivered in usa and back to jordan with hubby*

2-2011 i came back to usa with my 3 yr old twins due to one of them needing treatment for severe sleep apnea

7-4-2012 filed I-130

12-?-2012 i-130 approved. (saw online, still waiting hard copy)

1-16-2012 called NVC they have appointed case number

1-19-2012 received email for DS-3032 to hubby

1-19-2012 mailed Ds-3032 from hubbys email

1-19-2012 received automatic response from NVC *received*

1-23-2012 received email stating DS-3032 was accepted. :)

3-07-2012 Paid AOS & IV fee online

3-09-2012 AOS & IV fee shows "PAID"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.