Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pedrito Papa

Married in Hong Kong

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

I will be doing a DCF 1-130 for the intent of getting a IR-1 Visa for my wife. We have been married for 17 years and were married in Hong Kong at the marraige registry in Kowloon. We have an original marriage license and a "blue ribbon" certification for the Hong Kong consulate in Manila. Will we require any documentation of the marriage from the NSO for filing the I-130 or the IR- Visa?

Thanks so much for your assistance.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Country: Philippines

Even though you were married in HK, the CO at USEM will could request your wife provide a CENOMAR. If NSO has no record of your marriage, (if the marriage was never registered in the Philippines) you'll get a CENOMAR, (CRS Form No. 4) but you have the documents you mentioned from HK to prove to the CO that you are in fact married.

If there is a record of your marriage, NSO will issue you an Advisory on Marriages, ( CRS Form No. 5) commonly called/known as a CENMAR. The CO will be looking for past marriages and your current marriage. So you have to decide if it's worth it to you to have it ready just in case it is needed.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...