Rob & Chris

Incorrect Middle Name on Green Card

2 posts in this topic

Hi again everyone!

After my long journey, another one has opened up :( I do pray that all these waiting games shouldn't be that long :( and that I'm almost at the finish line.

I have just received my green card two weeks after the interview.. but the thing is, they placed an incorrect middle initial in the card. I got the welcome notice at first and noticed that they had my name with the incorrect middle initial and called up the call center right away. They told me to send a letter right away, to which I did. But unfortunately, I got the card a few days after that.

Now, my questions are as follows:

1. How long does it usually take to get a replacement card?

2. Is there any fee at all that I should pay? like the biometrics fee or processing fee for an I-90 (replacement of greencard)?

2. Would having a different middle initial in my greencard, be a "big deal" in making transactions in the near future?

3. me and my family would be moving to a different state by the end of this october... is it advisable to just try to get a replacement card after we moved there?

4. is it possible for me to apply for a driver's license with my current greencard (the one with a different middle initial)? I badly need a driver's license right away because we will be driving, and I might need to drive alone.

5. if it is better to start getting the replacement card right away, is it advisable for me to get an infopass to get a I-551 stamp in my passport?

6. how long does it take to get an infopass appointment? and would my intentions be valid for an infopass?

Thank you again in advance.

I already tried calling the offices today, but realized that they are all closed because it is a holiday :)

Chris

Hi again everyone!

After my long journey, another one has opened up :( I do pray that all these waiting games shouldn't be that long :( and that I'm almost at the finish line.

I have just received my green card two weeks after the interview.. but the thing is, they placed an incorrect middle initial in the card. I got the welcome notice at first and noticed that they had my name with the incorrect middle initial and called up the call center right away. They told me to send a letter right away, to which I did. But unfortunately, I got the card a few days after that.

Now, my questions are as follows:

1. How long does it usually take to get a replacement card?

2. Is there any fee at all that I should pay? like the biometrics fee or processing fee for an I-90 (replacement of greencard)?

2. Would having a different middle initial in my greencard, be a "big deal" in making transactions in the near future?

3. me and my family would be moving to a different state by the end of this october... is it advisable to just try to get a replacement card after we moved there?

4. is it possible for me to apply for a driver's license with my current greencard (the one with a different middle initial)? I badly need a driver's license right away because we will be driving, and I might need to drive alone.

5. if it is better to start getting the replacement card right away, is it advisable for me to get an infopass to get a I-551 stamp in my passport?

6. how long does it take to get an infopass appointment? and would my intentions be valid for an infopass?

Thank you again in advance.

I already tried calling the offices today, but realized that they are all closed because it is a holiday :)

Chris

My sister's in laws middle name in green card is in correct...but she didnt return and replacement it because it took so long. there is no fee, you will file I-90 but it depends if how long. I have read here in the forum that take months, the other one was year because it was lost. So, it depends.

Just read the other post regarding about it

july 21 - sent it to chicago

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

August 29 - transfered to Vermont Service Center

August 30 to October 4 - Never touched

October 5 - recieved my case

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

october 7 - touched! gosh! they are working with my case now!!!

october 9 - touched again almost everyday they touched it!

october 13 - touched again

October 16 - touched

October 26 - touched again after 10 days..

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 28 - sent welcome notice

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

October 31 - no welcome notice...but GREEN CARD IS HERE!!![/color]

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.