joseph22

PLEASE HELP!!...interview setback...dont know what to expect!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, my fiance had her interview last week...and it didnt go so good.

They really beat her up about the last time she was in the US, because she had worked. But she admitted to it. So they were claiming that that was her reason for returning.

But they didnt deny the visa...

Instead, she was given a form called

H/iv/IV3)SV2004

I've never even heard of it...but it was like a checklist..of the things she had (1-134, all that, and what they wanted her to send back.)

So my question is, once we return the requested stuff (mostly more evidence of relationship to try to disprove any doubt that she is moving for immigration purposes)...how long do you think it will be before we hear from them? A second interview date, or whatever? She was asked to courier it back, so my hopes is that it is expedited.

Anyone have a similar experience/form to deal with? Time frame? Result?

Please..no 'I'm sorry's' yet...I want to believe we can get through this!

Please help me...I'm panicing!!!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

So my question is, once we return the requested stuff (mostly more evidence of relationship to try to disprove any doubt that she is moving for immigration purposes)...how long do you think it will be before we hear from them? A second interview date, or whatever? She was asked to courier it back, so my hopes is that it is expedited

This is kinda confusing, isnt she trying to emigrate to the US?

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Timeline
So my question is, once we return the requested stuff (mostly more evidence of relationship to try to disprove any doubt that she is moving for immigration purposes)...how long do you think it will be before we hear from them? A second interview date, or whatever? She was asked to courier it back, so my hopes is that it is expedited

This is kinda confusing, isnt she trying to emigrate to the US?

yeah..thats true...perhaps my wording was wrong...

...the evidence of our relationship...to prove this is not a fraud marriage for immigration benefits...I guess that is more accurate.

anyone else been asked to submit extra stuff via courier..with some sort of form attached?

Do they get back to you soon? Do you have to go in for a second interview?

They didnt ask her to send her passport back with the requested documents....

Timeline

Oh..i should probably add...so anyone who might know can help...

the form given said that the visa petition was 'suspended' until the recieved the stuff (RFE).

I hope that we are contacted soon about what the next course of action is.

I cant believe this is happening. We are sending back everything we can muster up of relationship evidence, though apparently the guy didnt even look at the photos or hard copies of cards and stuff at the interview. The only thing that gives me hope is that we were not given a denial, intent of denial, or anything like that...

...just a horrible treatment and intimidation.

...my fiance is so scared to have to go through this again, but I dont even know to tell her if she'd have to go for a second interview, or just get info in the post...I have NO idea how to help anymore....or atleast tell her what to expect. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

joseph,

How much time passed between the time your fiancee submitted her materials and the time she was called to speak with the intrviewing consular officer? Or did she hand in her materials when she was called to speak with the officer?

Yodrak

... apparently the guy didnt even look at the photos or hard copies of cards and stuff at the interview. ....

Timeline
joseph,

How much time passed between the time your fiancee submitted her materials and the time she was called to speak with the intrviewing consular officer? Or did she hand in her materials when she was called to speak with the officer?

Yodrak

... apparently the guy didnt even look at the photos or hard copies of cards and stuff at the interview. ....

From what she told me, the entire thing took about hour and half...between submitting the I-134, all that stuff, and the actual going through the interview process to leaving the embassy. They were separate transactions...one person took all the official documents and a different person did the interview. Apparently the first was very nice. She had a very early morning appointment. 9am.

Edited by joseph22

Timeline

Just trying to keep my post alive...to see if anyone out there has any insight.

So we have returned what we had/needed to via courier today.

Praying for the best...and a second interview or whatever it will be that will go successfully.

Not sure exactly what and when to expect anything.

joseph,

Let me re-phrase and try again - how much time between submitting the material and the start of the interview?

Enough time for the interviewer to have glanced at the material? Maybe even enough time to have looked through it, and decide on the issues that they wanted to probe during the interview?

Many people say, 'they didn't even look at my evidence'. Yeah they did, before they called you to the window (or office).

Yodrak

joseph,

Yodrak

From what she told me, the entire thing took about hour and half...between submitting the I-134, all that stuff, and the actual going through the interview process to leaving the embassy. They were separate transactions...one person took all the official documents and a different person did the interview. Apparently the first was very nice. She had a very early morning appointment. 9am.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
joseph,

Let me re-phrase and try again - how much time between submitting the material and the start of the interview?

Enough time for the interviewer to have glanced at the material? Maybe even enough time to have looked through it, and decide on the issues that they wanted to probe during the interview?

Yodrak

joseph,

Yodrak

Yes..from what i understand..there was a bit of time delay between handing in the materials and going into the interview...but not much. 30 minutes maybe, though I suppose that is enough. It did seem that the interviewer had a pretty clear direction in which to take in questioning....most of the questions were concerning the previous visit to the US in which she had worked. Questions such as where did she live at that time, how much was made, who were the other people living there, how did she pay for it all (since it wasnt a living income obviously)...and kept reminding her that 'that was illegal'...which she did not question or deny. So, I do believe that possibly the interviewer had determined what he was going to probe about to question the case a bit in advance, as otherwise, I dont think anything stood out as unusual.

But of course the binder of evidence that she brought with her..which included a copy of the original I-129f and additional materials, plus the originals of that in the petition, were made available to the interviewer on the spot. Like I mentioned...he did not go through it very thoroughly...the additional pics, correspondace, etc.

I'm hoping that this isnt a lost case, in that her willingness to admit and accept the previous visit, and continuially provide all proof she can or our legite relationship will make its case as a non denial. I dont know what technicalities this would or wouldnt involve for a denial, other than the subjectivity of the interviewer.

any thoughts?

Edited by joseph22

joseph,

Yodrak

joseph,

Yodrak

Yes..from what i understand..there was a bit of time delay between handing in the materials and going into the interview...but not much. 30 minutes maybe, though I suppose that is enough. It did seem that the interviewer had a pretty clear direction in which to take in questioning....most of the questions were concerning the previous visit to the US in which she had worked. Questions such as where did she live at that time, how much was made, who were the other people living there, how did she pay for it all (since it wasnt a living income obviously)...and kept reminding her that 'that was illegal'...which she did not question or deny. So, I do believe that possibly the interviewer had determined what he was going to probe about to question the case a bit in advance, as otherwise, I dont think anything stood out as unusual.

But of course the binder of evidence that she brought with her..which included a copy of the original I-129f and additional materials, plus the originals of that in the petition, were made available to the interviewer on the spot. Like I mentioned...he did not go through it very thoroughly...the additional pics, correspondace, etc.

I'm hoping that this isnt a lost case, in that her willingness to admit and accept the previous visit, and continuially provide all proof she can or our legite relationship will make its case as a non denial. I dont know what technicalities this would or wouldnt involve for a denial, other than the subjectivity of the interviewer.

any thoughts?

How long ago was her previous visit? Having determined that she worked illegally, I wonder if they will also impose the 5-year ban that goes along with that. If they do, you will also need a waiver and approval for her to enter prior to the end of that 5 years.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

Her previous visit was 2 years ago.

She had left, and returned to enter after a few months and when she got to POE, was stopped for this very reason. She was given voluntary departure...no deportation or anything like that. They spoke about that at the interview too...what happened at POE. (she was on a 10 year tourist visa at the time btw). Our lawyer said that because of the voluntary departure, that she was absolutely 'eligible' for a new visa of any kind, including tourist technically...

I know that infractions on previous visas is a huge red flag for interviewers, of which we clearly had one...but in light of not hiding it, addressing it, and trying to prove our case....I'm hoping that it is does NOT make her ineligible for the K1. I dont know...

joseph,

Did they keep her passport? If so, my bet would be that she's probably going to get the visa as long as they're satisfied with the additional material that she submits.

Been through the same 'please submit ...' myself (although different issue and different consulate) and experienced the anxiety.

Yodrak

any thoughts?

Timeline

They didnt keep her passport.

She left with her evidence, passport etc....including original birth docs and such.

They made copies of them.

She was told to courier back the requested stuff (it was on a checklist of materials that included the I-134 etc of which she obviously had at the interview). The RFE was for additional evidence prior to the engagement...of which we have sent back via the embassy courier they gave us.

She was told that she would be scheduled a second interview.

I dont know if this is a guaranteed action or not, or only if she satisfies the RFE to remove any doubt.

Timeline
joseph,

No positive opinion, then.

Have you discussed the interview with your attorney?

Yodrak

They didnt keep her passport.

Yes.

He said that it is probably under review because she did not disclose the nature of her previous visit with the I-156 because it was a tourist vist, but she had worked. That they are required to prompt a second interview because of this to further explore the possibility that that is the reason she is reapplying for another visa. This was noted to me by someone else on VJ as well. I'm not sure who here may have actually had a second interview scheduled as opposed to just sumbitting the requested evidence while the passport was still being held at the consulate. It seems almost as if a redo...like...ok...the first interview did not satisfy the concerns/investigaton he needed to disregard this red flag...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.